ANNIE C. is Home! Thanks

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

ANNIE C. is Home! Thanks

Post by amuh60 »

I would like to post a sincere THANKS to everyone who helped and offered assistance and advice throughout my 1300NM maiden voyage bringing the new ANNIE C home from Virginia beach. I actually got to Panama City, FL on 14JUL09. I only had 2 set-backs throughout the trip (broken shaft at key hole, and some nice summer thunderstorms).There are some real gentlemen/professionals on this website.

Thanks,

Andy McMillan
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Glad you made it home safely Andy.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

good to hear. enjoy the rest of the summer!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Good on ya', Andy!

With 1300 miles and a number of docking exercises under your belt, you should have a good feel for the boat now. Now go catch some fish...

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congrat's Andy
Where are you docking???

Harry
hb
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Harry-

Right now I am in Panama City. I plan on moving her next weekend to Orange Beach Marina for the Rebel Yell and Labor Day weekend tournament. Then I will bring her back to Tyndall AFB Panama City, FL.

-ANDY
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Andy,

It's good to hear from somebody else in PC. I think she's definately proved herself now...thats one heck of a trip! Good luck in the tournament!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Hi Andy...

Sounds as if you bought a great boat! Congratulations! Now you have to find the time to use her!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Andy,

That is quite a maiden voyage; congratulations on the successfull trip! Did you go around via the Florida Keys, or were you able to run the Okeechobee Waterway? I ran the O. Waterway back in the spring, but I heard they may have closed it down recently due to low water. When you catch your breath, post some of the highlights and lowlights of your trip. I did a 700 mile maiden voyage on my B-31 right after Patrick and Bruce finished the repower, and I can attest that there is not a better way to learn your boat inside and out.

Tommy
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Andy: Sounds like a memorable trip. Good luck in the tournament!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Tommy-

I had to run thru channel 5 in the keys. The Okechobee was closed due to lock maintenance for the sea cows! Anyhow, the trip was great but not a whole lot of sight seeing because I only had weekends to run. So it was run, run and run some more. I went from VA, MooreHead City, Charleston (jetties run out about 2 miles if you were not paying attention to the charts at night could be trouble), Savannah, St. Augustine (Nice nibral 22X21.5 prop sitting in about 60' of water there), West Palm (on our way to governors cut Miami for the night and a Level 6/50mph gust storm caused us to 180 back to West Palm the Coast guard had there hands full that afternoon), Marco Pass, Clearwater, Panama City, FL. Overall great trip but hope to one day be able to go back through some of those areas by boat and enjoy it.

-Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Jeremy-

Where are you located? I was staying in Bay Point and saw a 31 "Gear Jammer" I believe?

-Andy
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andy,

Are you station in Panama City now?

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

DQ-

I am stationed at Ft Rucker, AL. I am living in Dothan. Will be keeping the boat in Panama City. I ran here last weekend over to Orange Beach Marina and will be keeping her there thru the Labor Day weekend and then back over to PC.

-Andy
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Ok, Thats cool...the bite had been really hot at the nipple up until last Saturday and Claudette formed and rained & stormed everybody in.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

One hell of a trip.
Congratulations.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

amuh60 wrote:Jeremy-

Where are you located? I was staying in Bay Point and saw a 31 "Gear Jammer" I believe?

-Andy
I live on Grand Lagoon, just down from Bay Point. Your putting some hours on her to be stationed in Alabama. My 25 is right in my back yard, sittin on the lift and I'm lucky if I get to run it once a month...gotta find more time.