Need my Garmin 2010 fixed

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

Need my Garmin 2010 fixed

Post by JohnCranston »

Gentlemen,
We took my Garmin off of one boat and put it on another. It worked fine a couple of months ago, but won't power up now. I'm getting 12 volts to the unit, but, nothing. Garmin said that it's too old and won't work on it. We spent alot of time hooking up the transducer, black box, antenna and so forth. Does anyone know of a reasonable priced electronic shop to send it to?
Much thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

John,
If you trade-up to a newer model Garmin, check to insure that the sonar module is compatible. The later versions will not work with the Analog GSD 21 and require a digital GSD 22. My similar problem had 12 volts at the plug but would not power-up. Wound up to be a battery going away new battery and plenty of CX and all is fine.
Harry
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

If Garmin will not fix it. Try opening it up, some have a internal fuse. open it and look for a fuse. That may be all it is. If you can't find a shop it can't hert to look.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

John,

I talked with a buddy of mine & I can get another 2010 to put on your boat & try to power it up to see if it is a problem with the power. I’ve got my boat over at Noe’s so between being over there & working at the plant this weekend I haven’t had a chance to go by and try.
Another friend said he had a similar problem on unit. 12v at the switch but not enough current to power up the unit, turned out to be a bad connection issue on his boat. I should be able to go by tomorrow night or Tuesday night & give it a try.

Daniel