Bragging rights Marlin tourney in Cabo October 10&11 09

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Bragging rights Marlin tourney in Cabo October 10&11 09

Post by MarkS »

I am the organizer of a little bragging rights only fishing tourney in Cabo San Lucas in October. This thing is in it's third year and we have a blast!

The first year we had 5 boats and last year we had a dozen. Then the economy took a dump and this year we are still at 8 but would love a few more.

Flights are cheap to Cabo right now, rooms in Cabo are dirt cheap, and you can eat as cheap or as lavish as you want.

The Stripey action the last few years has been nothing short of amazing! Bait balls everywhere, freejumpers all around, the Golden Gate has been off the hook with sea life, whales, turtles, porpose, Dorado, Wahoo, tuna, sailfish, and Marlin, some blues but mostly stripes!

Here is what you could roughly expect your costs to be;

---------------------------------------------------
Based on 4 person teams $300 for 2 days fishing per person. 20% tip split 4 ways, (roughly$60 per person tota)l 2 days fishing. Bait $10 per day per boat.

Entry fee $20.00 per person Which is almost completely used as crew incentive for placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The rest goes to some cheap little trophys so you can be a big shot back home!

Big picture is 2 days world class deep sea fishing roughly $385.00 per person, TOTAL! It doesn't get any cheaper than this my friends! Over the last few years, October has been the begining of the best stripe Marlin fishing Cabo has seen in years! This is prime time Marlin fishing in Cabo.
A week before the Bisbee, and a couple weeks before the Tuna Jackpot!

If airfare was, lets say $500 r/t p/p and you stayed at Tesoro resort on the marina. Right now it is at about $70 per night for two or $490 for a week for two. So you have about $1150.00 p/p in your sleeping, flying and fishing so now all you need to do is eat and drink.

This is a cheap gig!

If anyone is interested just PM me and I can help with whatever, rooms, charters, liqour, whatever! Plus it would be fun to meet some more of the faithful.

Mark
Last edited by MarkS on Jul 28th, '09, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Hey Mark,

You gonna have to be given points up in that tourney, RenegadeMilke pretty damn strong compared to the rest of that bunch on 31's down there. Fished with him back in the beginning of March and we release 15 fish in about 6hrs and lost as many as that and saw that many just free jumping around us. Totally awesome place when the bite is hot at the Golden Gate.

Suppose to be fishing with Mike in November around Thanksgiving, have friends that own a time share down there. That is if the swine flu bug don't pop back up again in Mexico.

Good Luck,

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Capt,
He is a beauty isn't he! I was talking with back a few months when I was asking him if he wanted to be involved in this thing and he said, "You know Mark I generally kick the shit out of the competition in these little tourneys!"

I figure when you have top of the line electronics on your boat, and old Manuel over there has a Humminbird 110 fishing buddy P.O.S. (If even that!) there might be an edge!

I am fishing with him before the tourney and really looking foward to it. this little event has been some of the most fun I have ever had standing up! Can you push it back a couple of weeks Capt. we'd love to have you aboard!

Don't let the pig flew thing have any effect on your plans, they never had one confirmed case in Cabo during that whole mess.

Mark

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Mark,

I appreciate the offer...but our friends have already reserved that week during Thanksgiving and I have already reserved dates with Mike to go bust them up again...hopefully. It should be a real hoot for you & your crew with RenegadeMike. Tell Mike to get Christian for your mate...he's as good as they come down there.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark,
What are the dates in October?
Thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

John,
The Captains meeting (if you can call it that, more like a, here's how it works now lets get to drinkin) is on October 9th in the PM, the tourney is the 10th and 11th, and the banquet is the 12th for supper.

Our major support comes from "Trip Advisor", which is a travel website, Redrum Sportfishing, Cabo Magic Sportfishing. This year we also have Renegade Mike Sportfishing and Bad Medicine Sportfishing in the mix

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Mark
Last edited by MarkS on Jul 28th, '09, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Thanks, Mark.
There's a good chancethat I'll be able to make this one. Let me call a few running buddies over the next few days and see if there's any takers. I'll get back to you shortly. If there's anyone in the Houston area that wants to go, let me know.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

John check your PM.

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

just bumpin this up a little in case there is other interest.

M

AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Mark,
Wish I could go. Please tell Renegade Mike hello for me.
Good luck.
Andre
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Andre,
I have been playing phone/e-mail tag with him for few days now. His messages are a hoot wish I could play them back for you. Can't wait to fish with him on the 9th of October.

I should be into some sashimi dockside by 4pm day one of the tourney. Soy sauce and wasabi all over my face, with a little ginger, spilling Pacificos on the wife and tripping over those crappy Cabo sidewalks! How can you pass this up? I'll spill one for you too!

Mark

JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark,
Don't give out on me quite yet. I've asked everyone that I know and alot of people that I don't know, and still no takers. My wife gave me the go -a-head, but, I need to find only 1 person to run with. Male or female...old or young...fat, skinny,funny looking...it doesn't matter...I just want to go.
Please help...I'll even behave myself...naw...just kidding on that one.
713-906-0842.
Thank you.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey I resemble all that!

We can hang on for sure, I do have a boat with 2 on it right now. They are working on some folks to fish with so I need to wait a bit with that as well. I have a drop dead entry date of Aug. 15 so we have time yet.

Gotta be a couple of folk right here that would love to stand up fish some 100-200lb class stripeys for two days, eat some fresh Tuna, drink some Mexican beer and have a couple of great meals!

I will call you John.

Mark

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

A friend of mine that has been in this tourney for the last couple of years was out with Mike recently and got this nice tuna! Action is heating up in Cabo.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/baja- ... -cabo.html

M

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey John it was great talking toyou on the phone and welcome aboard! Now get to work and come up with a team name! Something tasteless and tacky if you please.

See you in Cabo!

Anybody else want to play?

Mark

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Just a teaser, I just received word that a Cabo Magic client (on a Ursula's Sportfishing boat) landed a 500 lb blue on Tuesday!
A Redrum charter also had a 200 lb blue on Wednesday!

Mark

I had originally posted 700 that was incorrect.

JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark,
Man, thanks for your patience. The Bearded clam masterbaiters are ready to roll. I'm trying to get another group together for this big money tournament and I'll let you know. We're confirmed with Renegade Mike. Thanks for putting us in contact with him.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey John you don't mind if I post this on the Trip Advisor web site as,

Team BCMB do you?

There a little more up tight over there than the Captain is here!

I do love it though.............

As far as another team goes, promise them the world, we can bull$hit our way out of it later!

M

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

How about CTTT?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kgwOZGbEwR4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kgwOZGbEwR4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Camel Toe Tag Team
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Capt. Patrick,
That's fantastic! Well done, sir!
Mark,
Whatever works is ok with us. We don't want to step on anyone's toes.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

One of the beautiful things about that is we should have a nice selection of camel toe to view during the week in Cabo.

John I'll just humm you a few bars!

Nice Capt.

M

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey John I forgot if you want to buy some T-Shirts for the tourney here is what they look like, sort of, I need to add the dates but the image is accurate. Picture on the back, Black & Green October 10th & 11th 2009 on the pocket.

M

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x156 ... design.jpg

Patrick you should have some Bertram31.com T-Shirts.

my $.02

JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark

Do not know if you have heard but I was recruited as part of John's team. I need to get him 3 Large men T Shirts and me 1 men's medium. Please let me know the cost and I will send you a check. Love the design! Looking forward to meeting you and all the B31 guys - I was able to swing Friday and Monday off work. I enjoy Cabo and it is a great place to fish.

Thanks for putting it together!

Pam
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Pam in case I hadn't made it clear before, I prefer women over men! Who knew? I have room on my boat for you as well, please foward picture for the boys to ogle. LOL

I will get 3 lg and one medium down and when they are ready I will contact you about shipping.

Looking foward to October!

Mark