Lake Pontchartrain Speck's

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jackryan

Lake Pontchartrain Speck's

Post by jackryan »

Fished in the thunderstorms yesterday and caught some nice specks. Here's a link to the pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/joseydegs/Fishing709#

Kids had a blast and the boat ran great. I also caught a 40 pound Lake Pontchartrain Yellowfin (Crevalle Jack). I'm going to try drifting live mullet in the lake for Tarpon next week. On Capt. Patrick's recommendation, I ran the 240 HP Yanmars on the pins for a couple of minutes and she got up to 34 MPH. I was getting 24 MPH at 2500 RPM. I also took Uncle Vic's advise and bought a pair of 22' Lee outriggers without the spreaders. I'm looking forward to some billfishing off of Port Eads later this summer.

John Ryan
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Good on ya', Jack!

Now which angler are you and what props are you running?
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Thanks Capt Patrick,

I'm the guy with the gray hair and green rain jacket (no hat) and light green shirt. As for the props, not sure. I'm going to paint the bottom (and maybe the whole boat) in Sept. I'll let you know what the props are then. I actually have 3 extra sets of wheels in the storage space under the dinette. Believe it or not, I actually bought the boat without ever hauling her out and looking at the bottom. I purchased her at an auction and I did not have the option to do a full "haul out" survey. Be interesting to see what the bottom looks like. I'm glad I took the faithful's advise and used the boat this summer instead of hauling her out and starting a bunch of projects. Been having a blast.

John Ryan
Bertram Joe

Fish Photos

Post by Bertram Joe »

Good looking fishing photos - great to see the smiles on the kids.
Bertram Joe
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

nice pics....this is why I love the B31......four persons fishing and not one touching elbows with the other.......family and B31 is the perfect combination.