cabin floor

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill G.

cabin floor

Post by Bill G. »

My 28's foward cabin floor has some flex just in back of the foward inspection hatch for the bilge pump.Looks like the only fix without ripping out alot of stuff is to maybe put a support beam between the stringers and floor any problems with using the stringers for support?,unless there's a way I missing?. TXS-Bill G.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Bill: I assume that there are horizontal supports going crosswise under the floor at that point? If so are they soft? if they are sound, I would just epoxy a sister member to them to stiffen them. The rear deck framing on my 31 has vertical supports down to the stringers, so i assume that that would not hurt either.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Bill G.

cabin floor

Post by Bill G. »

Hey Rawleigh, that is the only area that doesn't have any cross support at all there's about a 2 inch gap betwen the floor and stringers.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Mine does the same thing in the same spot. I poked around and everything looks good under the floor. I was wondering about wedging a 2x4 in there on top of the stringers.
Bill G.

cabin floor

Post by Bill G. »

Kevin, thinking the same and gave a quick shot at it on sun. but I think you'll find the space between the 2 stringers and the floor will be different on each side will need a little crafting.Let me know if you come up with anything better.........................TXS-Bill