Bertram People

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Bertram People

Post by JP Dalik »

Fished last Thursday evening for bass. Found the bait found the fish and I see a friend of mine with another 31. Our boats were redone around the same time. Actually he and I took our Capt. liscense course together. Gave a wave and kept fishing.

Listening to the radio I hear him say he's hooked a Thresher on his spoon rod and was debating trying for the fish or not because he was light on big fish talent.

We were in good shape with crew so I called over to him and asked if he wanted a flying gaff and one of my crew (my partner in the boat) to swing it. I mean its not every day you hook these things and with his kids on the boat what a great memory for them. He answered yes and we transferred the gaff and the crew member bow to bow while he was backing on this fish. I left to keep bass fishing and later see the boat stopped and a big slick around it. I get the wave from my partner and sitting in the cockpit was a nice fat Thresher. I got my partner back on the boat and we went fishing. Ended up with 5 fish to 35lbs and watched a nice Thresher have a bad day.

The fish ended up weighing 195# and I talked to the owner a few times and told him what a great job they did, end of story right.........

Low and behold today I'm sitting in my basement office and the dog goes nuts, I walk upstairs to the owner standing there with a 30 pack in his hand. Said he just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the help the other day.

Bertram people, not many like em'.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
neil

Post by neil »

jp thanks again for inviteing jr that day ,he had a blast
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Like I said a couple of days ago........Honda don't know nuttin.....Their slogan in the 60's was "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".....welllllll.....they neve met us guys........I found that even the "Mean Team" are really nice guys.....
hb
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Shhhhh!!!
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

great story - thanks for sharing it
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]