wiring diagram 31

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

coolair

wiring diagram 31

Post by coolair »

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has a good copy of a wiring diagram, for a 1969 31
I have tried to read the ones posted in the manuel but between the magnify glass, and zooming they just aint cutting it. sorry for beating a dead horse on this, i know people has asked alot.

thanks
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Matt,
I still have the copies of the original 31 diagrams, call me on my cell 561-310-7179, or send me your mailing address I'll sent you what I have by snail mail, they are hard to read if I fax or try and e-mail them to you. I'll be availible after 10:30 AM tomorrow. I have Physical Theraphy at 8:30 to 10:30 tomorrow, just had the knee operated on for the 12 th time last Thursday.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Send me your email address. It is not in your profile. I have a PDF of the wiring diagram for my 1966 FBC.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
coolair

Post by coolair »

Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Matt,
I'll mail the copies of original wiring diagrams out tomorrow morning.
You will be better off replacing all the old wire, especially the 110 volt side. The 110v black outer jacketing might still look OK but the inner insulation will be all dried out and cracked at the outlets. Use anchor marine tinned cable 10-3 AWG with a 600 volt rating for 110 side, don't use anything smaller than 14-2 when doing the 12 volt side. The only old Bertram wire I have left in my boat is the bow, stern and 135 degree lights, they were glassed into the boat and tested out OK. (Yellow/White twisted 14 gage).
Blue Seas or Paneltronics breaker boards are both good, get rid of the old Square D household panel.
coolair

Post by coolair »

Thanks Pete
Ya, i have already started doin the 110v, i finished installing my xtranx charger saturday, only to have it die, its got a short in it somewhere, and its not the internal 110v fuse. I planned on repalcing all the 110v to start with, you dont thing 12/3 is good enough for most of the 110v, except for the main power coming in?
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Matt,
I had a roll of 10/3 on hand when I did mine, 12/3 is OK for short run, got to figure what your going to be pluging in, TV, Microwave, Refridge, Blender, wife's hair drier, etc. Figure wire length going out and back to breaker, don't forget GFIC outlets in head and galley sink areas. Support wires every 18" and chafe protection when going thru bulkheads, A 30 Amp breaker has to be within 72" of shore power inlet, galvanic isolator in system?
Good luck wiring.
coolair

Post by coolair »

AAH i was wondering how far apart i needed supports, thanks for that info, i knew it had to be about that, in my industry we have to support duct work ever 5ft.
Ya as of now, my shore plug is OEM on the port side buy engine box, and i was going to temporally put the distribution box where the original was, just to get my charger hooked up and going, The original charger and port plugs/heater were all on the same breaker, it appears the starboard plugs were on there own, and the original refrigerator was on its own, but there were only 2 breakers in the box, previous owner removed the fridge.
to isolator at this point, just got the boat in late april, and started doing all this just to get my charger in. but have found more that needed to be replaced.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Wiring diagram should be in your Inbox!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
coolair

Post by coolair »

I got it,
Thank you very much.
cariedl

Re: wiring diagram 31

Post by cariedl »

Digging up an old thread in hopes that someone still has a copy of this available to share. Doing some routine mechanical maintenance and the tech doing to work is also great at wiring and we are discussing him redoing the electrical side this winter in addition to the mechanical. That said he said it would save him time and me money if he had a copy of the original diagram. I have a Bahia Mar, not sure it matters that much, since it is single station. Thanks in advance.
Tony Meola

Re: wiring diagram 31

Post by Tony Meola »

If you give me a couple of days, I am pretty sure I still have one and can scan it and send it to you.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315