Resplash of Tagreted Species

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

Resplash of Tagreted Species

Post by kipp »

After 18 months, finally got her back on the water. Solid 5 ft. swells, with a snotty 3 t. chop. Thankfully, cobalt blue 6 miles off the pass. Really impressed with the sprayrails. The crew was saying 60 t0 75% drier(of course still wet) ride. Pretty good sea trial- couple of snake wahoo, one chicken dolphin, and a 200lb SWORD. My first. Awesome fish to fight, and we will be targeting them harder
Thanks to this site for all the help. Ecspecially you, John Cranston. What you doing next weekend.
Faithfully,
Kipp
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

nice sword!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congrats Kipp......I'll bet your grinning ear to ear.......

Harry
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Alright Kipp, way to go on both counts. Those Swordie's are one tough fight. Also find eating on the grill too.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Kip,
Far out! Those spray rails are the bomb...It's nice not getting soaked every time out. It's been blowing an average of 20 knots every day here in Freeport since the last time we talked. Let me know when you have a free weekend this summer and I'll snag Brian Barragy and come down to see ya'll. What's the name of the non skid that Salvador applied on T.S.? I hate to redo things, but, there's been a whole lot of shuffeling aroung on my decks, and I'd like to copy you on that one
before we splash.
Thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Kipp: Do you have any pictures of the boat with the spray rails installed that you could post?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
scot

Post by scot »

Kipp,

What awl did ya hav dun (Northern speak: "type of work that was performed") while she was out of the water? Any new pics?

Congrates on the sword.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Kipp - way to go....that night fishing for swords will grow on ya....my son Capt. Brent reports that Daryl Pennington tagged a blue yesterday out east of South Pass on the new 122' Mary P....

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

Matt and I anchored "Pipe Dream" right behind the new "Mary P" across from the Port Eads Light in South Pass last Thursday evening. As we approached, my initial thought was why is a Coast Guard Cutter anchored in South Pass....then we passed along side and saw the name. Pretty cool looking boat. Matt spoke with the Captain and I chatted with Darryl on Friday am as we departed for fishing. Good to hear they tagged a blue on the shake down cruise. I guess they will be departing on The World Tour #2 soon. Blue water was inside Cognac. We trolled to the west back to Grand Isle and ended up with a couple of wahoo and a dolphin.

Garry
In Memory of Vicroy

Matt sent me the pix of Mary P....quite a vessel. I sent it to Capt. Patrick - maybe he'll post it up here since a lot of the guys know Daryl from TSL.

UV

Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

Pretty cool boat. I especially like the shear line and the low cockpit. I bet its nice lounging in the shade with cool air blowing on you while you are watching the baits from the second deck....

Garry
In Memory of Vicroy

Yeah, quite a vessel. My son says the old 92' Mary P. had a/c outlets the size of 5 gallon buckets in the cockpit to keep you cool...

Let's have a contest and guess how long the outriggers are....

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Thats one find lookin boat. Has the low cockpit like the B31 to handle those big stick fish.

UV,

My guess is 70' on the riggers to the base.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

Doug beat me to the 70' answer. I will guess 68'. Can't make out whether there are 3 or 4 spreaders on the riggers...

Garry
Buju

Post by Buju »

Holy Hell, thats impressive. To seriously understate things... Who built her?

80' on the riggers.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Garry

Post by Garry »

Built by Trinity Yacht on the Gulf Coast.
kipp

Post by kipp »

Very flattered that my Targeted Species thread got hijacked by the Mary P, but guess what- I wouldn't swap even with 'em!
Going back this weekend hunting bills. Then to OB for Memorial Day,and back to Venice for Cajun Canyons. Will any of the faithfull be around?
kipp
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,

You bringing the boat over to OB for Memorial Day tourney or leaving from Venice?

Bluewater from OB right now is 90nm to the south/southwest around Ram Powell then south/southwest toward Nikia. Nothing to the southeast unless your going to Lloyds Ridge. Dirty water everywhere right now from all the rain coming down the rivers.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Kipp,
Kids are taking Reel Relief to Venice Friday and we're leaving her a few months, to the end of June. Going to Cypress Cove. They plan to fish the weekend.
I'm babysiting- go figure......
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
kipp

Post by kipp »

Doug,
Trailering TS over to OB next thurs. for the tournament. Staying at Phoenix on the BayII. Back to Venice on Mon, after.Will you be around?
Kipp
kipp

Post by kipp »

Scot,
Replaced the original tank with a 300 gallon aluminum tank. Added sprayrails, fresh water and AC(only one blower vent though, about the size of clear glass)and painted hull and bottom.
John, nonskid is called Kiwi Grip. Call Willy @ 206 579-4017.
kipp
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Vic,
Measured those outriggers on my screen and they're 2 3/8 "
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,

Should be around for Sunday if thats convient for you. Suppose to take some people bottom fishing next Friday if I get my injector pump back from Mobile. That Kiwi Grip is cool stuff, Renegade Mike had used it on his B31 and I really liked it. Gonna do mine with it when it's time for it.

Give me call on my cell (850-525-6126) if that works for Sunday. You be fishing both Friday & Saturday. Good Luck, go get him Team B31.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"