Cummins throttle return springs

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

AndreF

Cummins throttle return springs

Post by AndreF »

Called local Cummins dealer, Cummins Mid-South in New Orleans. They want $125 each for the springs!
Holy Moley!
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Andre - you talking about those little flat springs under the throttel lever on the injector pump?

UV
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

No- looks like an old time bed spring, coil. About 8" long.
We're gonna move the boat to Venice May 15+/-. Time to haul yours to just check bottom whenever you want after RR is gone.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andre,

I'll post the number tomorrow to Cummins over in MS, talk to David Johnson and tell him I ask you to call. He'll beat Mid South prices hands down. He sold me a electric soleinold for my injector pump for $58 where Mid South wanted $206 ouch. Just have your engine serial # and or your injector pump #
(1-228-392-1311) Johnson Diesel
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory of Vicroy

Andre' - thanks, yeah I need to check the bottom, running gear, & zincs for sure. Nice to have a shipyard with a custom B31 lift 250 feet from my dock....are y'all going down the river or make the trek over to Gulfport then down thru Breton Sound now that MRGO is closed?

I'll be at the camp tomorrow and Sat. morning but we have to come back to town Sat. afternoon.

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Boy, is it good to see the two of you on line again!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Down River. Nobody has much time. Chart says only 84 miles on river from NO to Venice. Lock thru in NO and soon river gets pretty straight. Bad place to drop a hook if you have to tho....and then there's the current coming back.....
All for naught....

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory of Vicroy

The Industrial Lock is a bitch......you might want to get their phone # and get friendly ahead of time. I've been hung up there for hours....guess you are familiar with it from bringing RR over from the west when you got her.

Remember when me & Brent took the huge steel houseboat with tthe little single 4 banger diesel down the river from N.O. to Venice at 5 mph......damn long way, but 24 kts and the current behind you not a bad trip once you get thru the locks.

Hey Walt - we are coming to life once again!!!

UV
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Yeah, Last time I went thru, lock master called us after some 45 minutes and said we could come in now and tie to a Benzene barge or wait 4 hours more. We locked thru tied to the benzene barge.......
Those locks were built in 1919.
You're not talking bribes, huh? Just kidding....
Thanks, Walter......

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Great news! Feels like the good old days!
In Memory of Vicroy

That little leather bag they drop from the lock wall to get your paperwork is just the right size for a half pint of Early Times.....they remember....

UV
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Good advice, Councilor, on the same level as presenting Buzzy at Port Eads with a huge ham offering. Which worked perfectly.
Will do.

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E