New Steering wheel sugestion/size

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

no1fishhead

New Steering wheel sugestion/size

Post by no1fishhead »

Getting ready to replace my steering wheel on my 31 FBC. Any suggestions on make model/size? I'm looking at the new edson dual spoke but not sure if a 14.5" or a 16" would look/operate best. Any suggestions?
Rob
Last edited by no1fishhead on Apr 20th, '09, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Depends on the style you want and look. If you only go when its nice out you might want one that is differant than the one for rough. I have a larger wheel but I go when its sh@#y alot.
no1fishhead

Post by no1fishhead »

Brewster Minton wrote:Depends on the style you want and look. If you only go when its nice out you might want one that is differant than the one for rough. I have a larger wheel but I go when its sh@#y alot.
The boat just came out of 15 years of charter in Ocean City, MD. Now I'm just looking to have some fun and want something that looks good and is functional. The available sizes on the wheel I like are 14.5 or 16".
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

no1fishead,

Tell us about the boat?. I chartered a 31 Bertram out of OC a few times!
It was my first ride in a 31. I thought we were moving right along... as we cleared the inlet the Capt gave it the juice. I was blown away!... FAST.

The boat was called Wet Whiskers.

JD
no1fishhead

Post by no1fishhead »

Wingnut wrote:no1fishead,

Tell us about the boat?. I chartered a 31 Bertram out of OC a few times!
It was my first ride in a 31. I thought we were moving right along... as we cleared the inlet the Capt gave it the juice. I was blown away!... FAST.

The boat was called Wet Whiskers.
My boat name is "Vitamin Sea' which ran out of White Marlin Marina. I remember the "Wet Whiskers" from years (I think it was on Dorchester or Talbot st dock) ago and not sure where that boat is now.

JD