Rejex Testimony

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

Rejex Testimony

Post by Tommy »

Keeping the transom clean from diesel soot has always been one of the toughest cleaning jobs. My brother, Eddy, cleaned the transom of Island Girl, then treated it with the Rejex that we bought from Vic; then went for a long day on the water. When he returned, he forgot to clean the transom right away, so the soot had dried in place. When he went to hose it down so he could scrub it, he said all the soot rinsed off completly, with no scrubbing or detergent. He said that he and the other boaters at the marina were amazed. Like CX, it's the real deal.

Tommy
Capt. Mike Holmes

Rejex

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Tommy, I need to try that on my truck bumper! As for my transom, the 12 valve Cummins in the boat don't make black smoke or soot, just a little gray when cold. Of course, painting the boat black helps , also.

Saw your quote in Boating - good deal!
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Mike,

Yea, I was on the boat one day and the guy called me on my cell phone. My quote came as a result of one of his leading questions. After telling him how great the 31 is, he asked "but aren't they wet?". I said "sure, on a sloppy day they're a little wet when the spray is blown back on you...". I guess he felt he needed to get the "wet" quote in, but he was a nice guy and very complimentary on the boat and on our own Capt. Patrick.

Tommy
Capt. Mike Holmes

Boating

Tommy, do you remember hsi name? Just curious.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Mike,

I don't remember, but he said he was writing an article for a boating magazine. I don't have a copy of the article, but I assume he's listed as the writer of the story.

Tommy
Capt. Mike Holmes

Rejex

Actually, I don't think any of the articles in their 50th anniversary issue have bylines - appear to be "staff collaborations".