interior

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

interior

Post by bob lico »

well with alot of time on my hand i decided to do the interior.rather then paint the interior of the windshield and then cut into the area again i decided to paint gel- cote once . if i paint now i can have air movement thru boat due to no windows on port and starboard. here is the start after ripout. gain 2'x3' more floor space by moving refrig. back further.all new cabinets i am building in my garage out of teak.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

the entrance to the v-berth can be wider by 4" by cutting 2" off each side of the bulkhead .that along makes a eye appealing big differance.by cutting the hanging closet on the port side you create a two level tier which does not effect the capacity but gives you a place for fm radio on face and a shelf on the horizotal.you can see into v-berth with a illusion of a much bigger boat. i will post photo`s if anybody is interested .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Would love to see and hear more.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

well now that i have two interested i will photograph as i go along.i just wanted to make a point.that being just a little change can make a enomous illusion of a much larger cabin!!! anybody whom has no woodworking experiance can cut 2" off the v-berth bulkhead on either side and stain a piece of 1/2" corner guard molding and glue in .this will hide the raw edge and really make the v-berth enticing.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

After seeing the pictures of your work, I am sure that there are more than two of us who really enjoy seeing your work. Actually I enjoying seeing everyone's ideas, even if I am not going to do the exact same thing. It gives us all ideas that we can adapt to our wants and needs. That's why no two custom boats are the same.

Basically that's what we are almost doing and that is customizing our 31's.