Rendezvous at the Tides Inn

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mikey

Rendezvous at the Tides Inn

Post by Mikey »

Here's the skinny.
The Tides Inn can accommodate us in June. They have an event the last weekend so probably one of the two middle weekends is best. We will need to set the date and try to contact all the Bertram owners in the area and get reservations to hold the date.
They have approximately forty slips that will take up to forty footers. Additionally they have about six slips for boats up to sixty feet. The fare is $22 fee for power, water, wifi, cable, phone, etc plus $2.00 a foot. If we get a reasonable number of reservations the dockmaster, Stormy (his real name), will give us a break on that. We'll see.
If we have any dining events at the Inn they will cater. This would be fun for sure but probably expensive. I have not talked to the catering department as they were closed, but will do so if the group wants to do something fancy. The alternative would be to go to Rawleigh's dock or mine and do something ourselves. With this we can do anything including have my next-door neighbor, a first-class chef, prepare an evening event or we can get a bunch of grills and do it ourselves. Also we have several caterers who do B-B-Q's that will knock you out. I have access to four docks within walking distance so we could cruise up to Casa Chaos for an evening's repast and either remain for the night or cruise back to the Inn. The distance is about four miles and a beautiful cocktail cruise.
The Inn has three meals a day so you won't starve. They have transportation to Kilmarnock (the big city) for provisioning. We, the locals(Rawleigh, Chris, your truly) will be able to help out in a pinch with transportation if necessary.
To see the Inn in all of it's glory check this site:
http://www.tidesinn.com/
Located on Carters Creek, 11 statute miles from Windmill Point and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Tides Marina offers a full service 60 slip, transient marina able to accommodate vessels up to 125 feet. After you dock, come ashore to enjoy complimentary amenities.

Marina guest amenities also include a beautiful creekside pool, wireless internet access, tennis, and bicycles to explore the area.Our Marina is also home to PremierSailingSchool, which offers an extensive range of sailing courses for children from age 6 as well as US sailing certificate courses for adults.To rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit, visit The Spa at The Tides Inn. Golfers are encouraged to bring their clubs to play on our complimentary Par-3 Course or to visit the famous Golden Eagle Golf Club.

One of our really cool local attractions is the Steamboat Era Museum which is within walking distance of the Inn:
http://www.steamboateramuseum.org/

Additionally, one of my favorite men's shops is within walking distance:
http://www.jimmyandsook.com/

This is a start. If we agree on the Inn we can get started with details. Let me hear from the Faithful. If we can pull this off with any aplomb possibly we can coax Captain Pat and Uncle Vic to join us. Of course we will need Charlie's expertise and that of any other organizers of rendezvous to make it happen.
This is the launching, Splash!
Talk to me.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

My best guess is no is intersted.
Chris
I have found that life can be short. Hope I am not late?
joeh

Post by joeh »

Mikey,

I am interested but think the long run for alot of us up north of you make for a tough committment. I suggest somewhere between Solomon's and Baltimore. Of course I am in Annapolis so it makes sense.

I appreciate the work and suggest picking a date that the group agrees on and then you can lay pressure on everyone for the place. Just my thoughts. I would offer help but have zero bandwidth.

If Annapolis is on anyone's radar for this....the Yacht basin would be a great place to dock a bunch of 31's next to each other with many drinking opportunities close by and Mack's idea is good as well.

I am a tentitive yes anywhere depending on the date.

Joe
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe,
we were shooting for this end of the Bay for the group here who have never had a rendezvous. After a month it's nice of someone to at least respond. Thank you both.
Chris, Happy yesterday Birthday!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I'll come Mikey!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
John F.

Post by John F. »

Mikey-

I apologize--I pretty much forgot about this. Mid-June doesn't work for me. I have 2 kids and my wife teaches. I appreciate the effort.

John F.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Mikey,

I too am sorry I haven't responded sooner. I saw the post and was trying to work things out that I could attend. Looks like we have other commitments through mid-june.

No date will fit all, but hopefully some of the southern bay fleet could make it.

br,
JohnD
joeh

Post by joeh »

Mikey,

I say move forward and we can try to do a more informal gathering in the mid bay in the late summer or fall. I find my wife, kids and job a rather big deterent from my boat as well but continue to fight the battle.

Joe