Bottom paints

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill G.

Bottom paints

Post by Bill G. »

I'm sorry I know I've seen a post about this but West Marine CCP vs Interlux ACT?big price difference is the ACT worth it?as allways thank you.
Bill G.
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

I posted about 2 weeks ago. I put the West Marine paint on last Friday. The only difference I could see was in the amount of Copprus oxide.
West is 37% and is made by Pettit.
Act is 41% and is made by Interlux.
I'll check it out in July and see how it holds up.
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

I have been putting black West CCP on my 17 Whaler for about three years and it works great. I use the Micron CSC on the 31 and to tell you the truth I think the West stuff does the job just as well. The boats sit side by side at the dock so it is a fairly good head to head test, but the Bert gets way more hours of running. There is no build up so far on either one, and I put it on thin so when they come out and get powerwashed you can see the bare strakes starting to come through in some places. I do get slime on both and both get powerwashed midseason and at the end of the year, and lots of scrubbin along the waterline with a soft brush- at least once a week.
I keep spening more than twice as much on the CSC because I have not seen the CCP in green and I'd be chicken to change paints after doing all that work on the bottom of the Bertram after sandblasting it.