What can you tell me about this gun?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Sean B

What can you tell me about this gun?

Post by Sean B »

I figure there are enough gun nuts here to tell me about this gun.

I inherited this thing from a friend, who supposedly smuggled it back from Vietnam circa 1969. I poked around on the internet and found similar weapons but did not find a match for this. It's a 12-gauge Mossberg pump-action, and that's basically all I know about it. It has a release for the pump action on the left side of the stock, and also an odd looking safety (I think) on the pistol grip, pointed towards the shooter. It's outer shell is mostly plastic. The firing pin is gone... the dummy had let the teenage son have acces to play with it so I think it has been taken apart by same in the past. So there might be more missing parts inside, besides the firing pin. The pump action does work.

Here are some pics:

Anybody know what I have here?
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Last edited by jspiezio on Feb 26th, '09, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

The Mossberg 590 shotgun was introduced in 1987.....
There goes the "I smuggled it back from Vietnam" story... kinda thought that might have been BS
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Looks cool though. I thought you might get a kick out the movies it has been in, thus the first link.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I can see why they would like to use it in movies - it is a unique looking weapon. Doesn't appear to be anything special though.

Where would be the best way to look for a Pro to have it re-fitted and put back into working order? (Or would it even worth the trouble)