Daytona

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dougl33

Daytona

Post by dougl33 »

I'll be in Daytona for a few days in March. Any good Marina/Tiki bars?
Regards,

Doug L.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Unless you go for the races or bike week, Daytona is a pit of a place and dead. US 1 in Daytona is like a town that never got out of the 70's.

There's always the island which has your typical row of tourist hotels, resturants and shops. The main north road leading to the Island north of speedway blvd has some biker type bars.

You can go just north of Daytona to Bruce Rossmeyers Harley complex off 95. Theres numerous bike dealers, resturants and such.

If your into sushi, theres a neat sushi bar on the Island that's got a floating sushi bar.

Wooden boats float around and you pick what sushi you want to eat from the boats.

http://www.see-daytonabeach.com/moreinf ... ClassID=10

There's a pretty decent army/navy surplus store on speedway blvd east of the track and right along the track and west are your typical resturants like olive garden, Hooters, TGI Fridays and the such.

Across the track is a fairly large typical mall.

There actualy is a pretty neat diner type resturant that has great homestyle cooked food south of Daytona on Orange blvd I believe. Near the camp ground. East side of the road.

The marinas suck.
Buju

Post by Buju »

I'd head a little bit south and stay in the New Smyrna Beach area. Cool little town...Great beaches. Lots of surfing, surf fishing, beach driving, etc. Great waterfront (Indian river, intracoastal, Ponce Inlet ) bars, restuarants, and lodging. Interesting bar scene at night on Flagler (main drag) too.
Mosquito Lagoon is right there, great inshore redfish & trout fishery, excellent area to kayak or canoe fish.
Some good offshore charters leaving ponce inlet as well...

Just a much nicer overall atmosphere than Daytona, in my warped opinion anyways.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Thanks guys. I'm locked in to Daytona as we're spending a few days with my wife's aunt.
Regards,

Doug L.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

#88 and #5 are my picks...........
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Tommy,
I want so bad for the #5 to win.

Like Dan Marino, I'd hate for Mark to have to retire without a championship.
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

I like the Ocean Deck. Granted it's touristy, but it's right on the beach, the women will be in bikinis, and it's a fun place to hang. You can walk down to the beach, go for a swim, and walk back up to your table. I'm also looking to see Martin win, although I can no longer watch nascar live, the commentary and comercials make me sick. Thank God for the DVR.

Scott
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

OK. Now I get it.

Won't be there for the races.

I feel the same way about NASCAR that Bruce does about baseball.

Watching guys make left hand turns for 3 hours isn't my cup of tea.
Regards,

Doug L.