Buddy Boy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Buddy Boy

Post by Pete Fallon »

Guy's.
I am going down to Ocean Reef to do condition and valuation insurance survey on Buddy Boy tomorrow morning. The boat has been sold to a guy that has a 63 Bertram, it should be interesting to see what she looks like after almost 5 years since I did the total redo survey in March of 2004. She's reportedly only got 130 hours on the Yanmars. Thanks Capt Patrick for the referal. I'll update over the weekend.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Nice to hear its back in service.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Pete,

Nada por nada... The delivery captain called me and, (among other things), told me she was having another survey company wanting to do a full haul just for an insurance survey & didn't know much about B31s. Refering you was a no brainer. Glad she took my advise.

Bruce,

From what I gathered from the delivery captain, the new owner will be pretty active in actually using the B31. Gee, the engines might actually get broken in...

I hear that the final selling price was incredibly low, just to move it out of Jim's inventory. The new owner virtually stole it, so as the biker phrase goes:
Ride it like you stole it!
randall

Post by randall »

very lucky new owner
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Oh, and BTW, the "bulkhead problem" that was fixed by Hinckley turns out to have been a minor spot on one of the short divider partitions that seperates the aft bilge from the engine bilge below the shaft coupling. While Hinkley was sprucing up the boat for market appeal, they found the spot, asked Jim if he wanted to include it in the spruce up and of course the answer was yes...
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Pete, was just down in Ocean Reef yesterday, headin to Seachele in Islamorada tomorrow. Glad to see somebody is going to use that beautiful boat, be lookin for it.
Bill
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Those were virtualy the last pair of 6LY 315hp engines around at the time I snagged them.

Like the 6BT series, those engines with care will outlive multiple owners.

Too bad the 315 and 350 hp versions are no more.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Any idea what it sold for or is that privileged info.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bruce we have a 35 egg harbor with 380hp 6ly .i can`t find anything other than the fuel injection pump numbers. i am looking to take 440hp down to 380hp for 31bertram instalation.modified drivetrain.is it just the pump???
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Rawleigh wrote:Any idea what it sold for or is that privileged info.
The selling price is pretty much between Jim and the buyer, but Jim's looking to buy a Hinckley from what I hear. So money is tied up in the B31 that needs to be freed up for a different boat. I hear the selling price is significantly less than what the value of the B31 is worth. Remeber, in this economy boats, houses, cars and just about every other large ticket item for sale is either going to sit there and collect dust or get sold because the price was slashed.

They haven't closed on the boat yet, probably next week though... When/if the deal is sealed, Buddy Boy's new home will be in the Florida Keys.

Br,

Patrick
DaveB

On the subject of surveys

Post by DaveB »

I had my "mandatory" 5 year insurance C&V survey done last spring on my 1978 B28 - A very thorough and complete survey by a professional surveyor - the vessel has been "fished hard" and "left wet" throughout its lifetime yet the surveyor completed the survey and said "it's bulletproof" - no deck or hull issues, a seawortghy vessel "good to go" - makes you appreciate the quality of craftmanship and materials put into these vessels.
Harv

Post by Harv »

bob lico wrote:bruce we have a 35 egg harbor with 380hp 6ly .i can`t find anything other than the fuel injection pump numbers. i am looking to take 440hp down to 380hp for 31bertram instalation.modified drivetrain.is it just the pump???
You just can't leave those 440's alone now.... Can you???
Harv
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

should have said 370hp 6ly in 35 egg
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i show you them to you harv but you did not see the 1972 fbc that needs them.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bob,
More than just the pump.