In need of Gulf Coast Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

In need of Gulf Coast Rendezvous

Post by Capt. DQ »

Come all Ye Faithful of Bertram Lovers,

In need of input here, looking for a little help. Not trying to overrun anybody. I know without question that TSL is a fantastic gathering spot for the UVI...but not all of the gang can afford to go there.

I'm trying to gather some support here to see how many people would be interested in getting together...somewhere on the Gulf Coast everybody could agree on and have a good time of fishing and fun & just BS'N.

UV....you are more than welcome to step in here...I'm just trying to get something started here.

Any takers interested in getting a gathering started up again?

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Doug - I'm not planning anything this year due to uncertain health issues and how my recovery will go. I hope to make it to Panama later in the summer.

Go for it.

UV
kipp

Post by kipp »

I'm very interested and willing to help instigate. Can help coordinate with arrangements,if Venice is the site. Enjoyed our mini rendevous last weekend in OB.
Kipp
p.s. send me info on your autopilot
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Roger that Kipp, Cobalt's was a great call...we enjoyed it also as did Harry & Joann and hopefully we can do it again soon. I will get you the autopilot info tomorrow. Will stay in touch about the Gulf Coast Rendevous.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Skipper Dick

Post by Skipper Dick »

DQ,

There are only a hand full of us down here in South Florida, but if it is somewhere within striking distance, you can count on me.

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
Capt. Mac Creech

Post by Capt. Mac Creech »

Doug, Jeremy and I would probably jump in if he's not tournament fishing. Goin to pull the boat in 2 or 3 weeks and should be ready to go.
Mac
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Doug-

I would definitely be in! I just got back from Hawaii and closing on house/moving so looking forward to meeting up with some of yall around the Gulf Coast.

-ANDY
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

I went to Cobalts on Tuesday. Boy has the beach changed in the past 4years!

-ANDY
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,

If you would be an ambassador for your area please to get a count of possible people & boats.

Dick,

Exactly the way thing started to begin with...only a hand full...the power of one is a strong start for things to happen. If you wouldn't mine being the ambassador for your part of the state would be great if you could keep up with your group over there.

Mac,

We will plan around that so Jeremy's not tournament fishing, so you all can make it. We have to have the Jaded Lady there for sure. Wouldn't be the same without ya. I'm also going to get Kenny McCoy to try and come...Rocky Bazinet 46' AFTA YOU II, Gary Malone's B33, XXX & and few others also, Hal is another, get Jeremy to contact him with his B35, also Kelly Small with his B25 has comitted to come also. Can't forget Harry Babb, hopefully Harry will be up and going.

Andy,

You missed a little get together already, but we understand you where moving from Hawaii but we got you covered now. Cobalt's was great, Kipp pick it for us. You bet it has changed...doesn't look the same at all, wall to wall concrete.

So we're off and running guys, so is June a good month for everybody or throw in some thoughts. We will see how many more chime in here as we still have plenty of time.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

What is Cobalt's and where is it?

Eddy G.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Eddy G,

Its a new restaurant right there on Orange Beach Pass under the Bridge.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Sounds good, DQ
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I'm back.........been in Houston for a couple of days.........started to call Andre, Vic and Kipp last night as I came thru Baton Rouge......but being close to midnight I decided differently (Ha)

I may be coming in a canoe but you can count me in.........

Harry
hb
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

You can call me anytime, Harry, but the orther two guys are alot older than me and were probably in bed already........
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Doug,
Had a great time last Saturday at Cobalt's with you, Harry and Kipp. I think our lovely brides had as much fun there as the guys did. Great food, cold drinks from the bar, and lots of talk about Bertrams.....The only thing missing was KENNY! I'll go by the shop and pick him up myself next time.

-Kel
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Thanks Doug. Good to know there's another watering hole in that area. We plan to make our annual trip out your way again in May. When it gets a little closer, I'll get with you guys and try to meet up some place.

Or better yet, plan your rendezvous around the end of May in your area. (great weather then)

Eddy G.
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Keep us posted for an upcoming date. I would be intrested and would be coming from Lafite Maybe some of us could sort of convoy from La
Regards Troy 31Tiara"DRIFTER"
Lafitte La
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,
I may be coming in a canoe
All hell no Harry, no canoe's allowed....you'll just have to ride with us or another Bertram....rule #(1)... NO CANOE'S...(HA)

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

no canoe's allowed
What if he affixes on SS Bertram logos & paints on "T/T Da Nada"?
kipp

Post by kipp »

:Harry
Should've called,but I would of missed it. Back in OB partying, again! Don't let Andre fool ya. He can't hang.
Kipp
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Capt. Patrick,
What if he affixes on SS Bertram logos & paints on "T/T Da Nada"?
Would that be consider a cored hull or what? Harry might be experimenting.

Kipp,

If Andre can't hang, can he cook? huh!

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Capt Pat wrote:What if he affixes on SS Bertram logos & paints on "T/T Da Nada"?
I gotta pretty new Bow Chock that I can put on the Canoe.....and even a Big Block or two for power..........
Kipp wrote:Don't let Andre fool ya. He can't hang.
I left Houston at 3:30 on Thursday afternoon and pulled into my drive way at 1:30 AM Friday...........and today I'm still dragg......and I thought that I could "Hang".......jury is still out on this one......

The talk about a Gulf Coast gathering has got me a little more motivated to get DeNada back in the water........sounds great to me

My vote would be to host the rendezvous in the Orange Beach/Pensacola/Fort Walton area.......Whatchall think???

Harry
hb
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Have not been around much, but as the semi-official and completely unauthorized leader of some of the Texas boys, I would suggest we might be able to get at least one boat over there for some fun.

I really miss the UVI. Its the journey, not the destination, kinda thing.
I thought the journey over to Port Eads for a week and back was a grand adventure. Sure, I loved Panama and fishing other spots too, but rolling over to PE was some serious major league high times. Road trip and charter fishing rolled into one.

Wahoo and dorado on the rip, running aground, nailing a couple bills, blowing a tranny, dude falls out of the tower, chunkin for tuna, permanent scarring from working on a hot engine, up all night, fishing in snotty seas filled with grass and weed, shocked in the shower, drunk and stupid at the dock, nearly running over that jetty, the goats and gators.

Thats the stuff that keeps you going. Living, not this 9 to 5 nonsense.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

With due credit to Uncle Vic for inviting us, the memories of UVI at Port Eads are so special, one wonders if they ever be matched to a bunch of Yankees who saw the Gulf the way we did. Ernest nailed it very well. A Gulf "Rendezvous" won't be a UVI, but it sure should be put together! Walter
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Quote:
A Gulf "Rendezvous" won't be a UVI, but it sure should be put together! Walter

Walter, could not of been said any better than that. This event thats trying to be put together is in NO WAY trying to replace a UVI. Just a gathering of people who love boating - fishing - adventure - a gathering of friends and soon to be new friends. As the picture below taken at the (1st) UVI by Capt. Patrick at Port Eads, both crews where invited guess of Uncle Vic.

The crews of the Short Circuit & Jadey Lady will never forget the friendships that were forged from that gathering ...a good time was had by all. Oh and I forgot about the cooking also....can't beat the eats either. As Mac Creech sitting in the tower of the Jaded Lady watching everybody on the dock @ the 1st UVI and me getting another cold R/C drink...to quinch the thirst.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

I'm just saying, schedule it. I think I will come as long as its not too far and I can get off work. Bet I could convince a couple other of the Texas Boys to at least ride along with me.

I got the withdrawals like you would not believe, and I need some major adventure and excitement.