Someone steal 25 Bertram.com?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Someone steal 25 Bertram.com?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Went to 25 Bertram.com and got Go daddy.com with a lot of Bertram headings. Anyone know what's going on? Walter
randall

Post by randall »

still there on my puter
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

No idea what is going on and no way of getting to the forum - help!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

You're right Walter, don't know what's going on with RussP... Network Solutions still shows it's registerd to him through GoDaddy. My guess is that Russ didn't pay his light bill... ( YUP, Expires on: 01-Feb-09)

I remember making that blunder myself about 7 years ago, letting the bertram31 domain name expire. Took me a couple of days to get it back into the DNS system. Grrrrr....
In Memory Walter K

Go to: http://simplifying.net/phpbb/index.php
or http://simplifying.net/phpbb/index.php? ... ea96420c0f
Don't know why, but it gets me there. Found it in my "history" -Walter
Last edited by In Memory Walter K on Feb 1st, '09, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
randall

Post by randall »

still there on my puter.......cue twilight zone music.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

randall wrote:still there on my puter.......cue twilight zone music.
Or so you think......

But you're probably only seeing an image that's in your cashe. Use the help feature to set your computer to check for a new version of the web page every time that you visit it.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

OK,

Apples and Oranges time...

The domain, 25bertram.com, is what is being placed on the GoDaddy hold & the registration expired yesterday.

The bulletin board, which is hosted by Simplifying.Net is up because that domain is not part of 25bertram.com. Kind of like images that you might have hosted on PhotoBucket will still be online even if your own computer is down at home. Simplifying.Net by the way is Russ' wife's, (Linda), domain and registration isn't due to expire until 11/2012...
randall

Post by randall »

thanks patrick...thats the only page i usually look at and its the one i have bookmarked....kinda like this one.
RussP

Post by RussP »

She's there. We had to get a new CC because of fraud and I never updated GoDaddy for the auto renewal.

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Since we are on the subject of 25s. Don't read too much into this yet, because I'm not sure if it is going to happen. But, if I was to happen to own an older 25, which is in need of repower. What do you put in? This one currently has twin i/o volvos which are split open. I've heard everything from a single diesel, twin 4 cylinder gassers -- to twin outboards.

Ideally this would be a boat for fishing Long Island Sound for me. But if the seas were calm, a day trip outside wouldn't be out of my thought process

Just keeping this at 50,000 feet while I finish refinancing my company. I don't need to move fast on the acquisition of the boat, but would need to do the repower in a short turnover time.

Thanks,

TOm
In Memory Walter K

When we Fished the UVI at Port Eads, I spent two days on Trey's B-25 that he repowered with twin 4 cyl Mercruiser 3.0's. We were duly impressed. The boat flew, consumed comparatively little fuel, and ran out to the same waters the 31's did. You can get pretty good Mercruiser packages 3.0/Alpha 1. For what it's worth. Walter
randall

Post by randall »

the volvo diesels are the optimum at the moment...but ive been on treys boat also and agree with walter. great performance and gas milage.

as to sea keeping....give me the fuel and ill go anywhere a 31 and any other 25 ever made will.

there is nothing in the sound short of a hurricane that is gonna really be any problem.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Thanks Walter and Randall -- you confirmed what I suspected. That package you suggested Walter is what someone up here told me about -- said the performance is remarkable and can't beat the price.

Tom
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Thats the set up I had in my old moppy. No top real light boat. That boat was fast and effeicent. I don't now how the weight of a flybride or top would change that much. Those motors and drives are faily cheep replacements for a repower. I think the transom plates are a different size then the volvo's.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Thanks guys!

The boat I am looking at is an early sixties moppie. Has a hardtop on it, nothing else as far as extra weight goes. If anyone has a ballpark of the performance numbers with the Mercruiser 3.0 4 cylinders, I would appreciate it.

Also, not that I want to turn it into a floating gas can, but I assume, like the 31, that saddle tanks of some kind are popular with this boat for canyon fishing?

Hopefully the Judge will see this, cause I bet he has the answers to these questions, UV, u have thoughts on this -- you used to have a 25.

Thanks,

Tom
RussP

Post by RussP »

The 25 has a glassed in deck and it sits real close to the stringers on the moppie, flybridge and hardtop. The old express and bahia mar have a raised deck but you need rails around the cockpit. Basicly there is no room for saddle tanks. The last flybridge I repowered with 3.0's ran close to 30 knotts with 4 blade props. 3 blade SS wheels will give you a little more top end but you loose some of the low end power. Hands down the 3.0's are the most affordable way to go, you just can't leave them in the water for too long as the barnicles and oysters love outdrives!

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish