Concealed carry follow-up

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rickysa

Concealed carry follow-up

Post by Rickysa »

Took the class this past Saturday....interesting.

I would imagine there are as many versions of what is presented as there are instructors.

The meat-and-potatoes stuff is really straight forward (and well received by me, as I'm a green beginner), and not very lengthy in presentation...but classes run 8 hrs, so there is a good bit of time for other topics for discussion.

Our instructors background included a degree in psychology, and a degree in philosophy, and past work as a counselor for hardened juvenille criminals. Thus, I was expecting a discussion of the importance of getting straight in your head what it meant to carry a firearm, as well as, should you ever be in a positon to use it...

Not so. Instead we had a discussion on the moral decay of our country, how Darwinism is to blame, and the only way to save our way of life is to embrace Creationism and the word of the Bible...condem homosexuals as deviants, as well as, adulterers etc.

Interesting discussion to be sure, but I'm not sure how much it related to carrying concealed... :-)

Also found it kinda funny that the demand for CC permits is so great, the Gov. can't keep up with the demand of CC permit manuals to be given at the classes.

Anyhoo, picked up a Kahr P40 and plan to get a .22 target pistol for plinking.

Thanks for all the advice in the other thread!

Rick
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Sent my father to an instructional firearms course at beginning of month. It covered law, nomenclature of the firearms they brought with them and a few hours on the range. He was able to shoot revolver and semi-auto so he could choose which is best for him. He has never owned a gun and at 65 has decided it is time to get one. Go figure. The class also complied with ccw requirements. Beleive it or not the instructor had him shooting from on the ground as if he had been knocked down. I think he learned a lot and it was worth the 200 bones.
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

I think the requirements here for the class are: 8 hrs, 30 shots at the range, 21 feet from a 8x11 target...at least that is what the instructor mentioned should we have someone call to describe the class.

Like your Dad's class, we had a number of guns to choose from also, which helped me out a bunch in deciding.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Any of you guys ever used these, any comments? A friend has recommended
for personal defense.

http://www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-t ... -video.cfm
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

dam nice groupings
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

A friend of mine just bought one, but I haven't heard his assessment yet.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31