amuh60

Okeechobee Waterway?

Post by amuh60 »

Is it open for 3-5' draft?

-ANDY
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Andy,

I've been following the status of the waterway and lake levels since I plan to help a friend deliver a boat from Stuart to the Gulf in late January. Best I can tell, the lake level was 14.06' on 12/26, with route 1 having a depth across the lake of 8.15' and route 2 having a depth of 5.4' (however, route 2 is shown as "closed"). Yachtdeliveryusa.com has a listing of opening schedules for bridges and locks, as well as bridge clearances. The Corp website (www.saj.usace.army.mil) should have all the current info, but it's not the easiest site to navigate (at least not for me). Keep us posted of what you find, and let me know how your trip goes.

Tommy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Tommy-

Thanks, I will try the other website you mentioned. The Army Corps Eng. was not easy to navigate/find info.

-ANDY
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

TOMMY-

Hopefully yall will make it through in JAN. I would not be to far behind. I am going to do some more research but if you dont mind keeping me up-to-date with what you find out (first hand).

THANKS,

ANDY
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Hey guys, haven't been here in a while and was just snooping around. You may want to check with these guys before you head across the lake. I found them to be very helpful in the past for providing real time information on lake levels.

http://www.rolandmartinmarina.com/okeec ... erway.php/
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Freebird,

Great site for info on the waterway, and very user-friendly (unlike the Army Corp site).

Tommy
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Glad you found it helpful Tommy. These folks are very friendly and keep tabs on 16 while relaying info by phone. We took a 70 Hatt across a couple of years ago and found their info to be much more useful than anybody else's.

Now that I've actually contributed something, what's the secret to posting my picture as an avatar on here? Looks like my only choice is to use one of you guy's faces, and I'm a hell of alot better looking than any of you. :-)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

It's not hard to be better looking than this motley crew. Shoot your photo of choice in an email to Capt. Patrick and he'll take it from there. A lot of the mug shots were taken by Capt. Patrick at various Bertram31 gatherings, like one of the the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Shows when a lot of the guys stayed at the famous Flophouse, one of the B-31 Rendevous, or an Uncle Vic Invitational Fishing Tournament at Port Eades or Panama...........
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Freebird wrote:Glad you found it helpful Tommy. These folks are very friendly and keep tabs on 16 while relaying info by phone. We took a 70 Hatt across a couple of years ago and found their info to be much more useful than anybody else's.

Now that I've actually contributed something, what's the secret to posting my picture as an avatar on here? Looks like my only choice is to use one of you guy's faces, and I'm a hell of alot better looking than any of you. :-)
Bird,

For posting images and links, see: http://bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?t=3

As for an avatar, email me an un-edited image of yourself & I'll take care of it from this end...

You're right about Roland's Marina & services/help. I've been there on many occassion, on all sorts of boats from 20' bass boats, 50' Bertram Sportfish, Hull #1 DeFever trawler, Grand Banks Trawler, to a 67' Hatt MY. Even by motorcycle...

Br,

Patrick
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

I'm assuming your email address is bertram31@bertram31.com If not, somebody is about to get a picture of your's truly. I'll send a [img] link from photobucket in a PM just in case.
randall

Post by randall »

this is great .....we can argue on two forums at the same time.
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Now Randall, you know I never argue on boater forums or take threads off topic.

Now that I'm back in the office, I'll email Patrick a filed picture of myself. Didn't have one on the home computer, so I PM'd him a photobucket link last night. Either it didn't work, or he was afraid you boys would feel inferior if he posted it.

OK, I'll shut up now.