Capt Pat Cockpit floor

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Thums Up

Capt Pat Cockpit floor

Post by Thums Up »

I am making up my cockpit floor out of 3/4 Penske board. Am I OK with 3 layers 1808 biaxle (Curve is 1/4" per foot) on the underside or do I still need some roving? I was planning on one layer of 1808 on top with a layer of mat is that OK? Thanks. Happy Holidays!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

No need for any roving at all. 0/90º Roving is what they used before 45/45º biaxle.

Only use 2 layers of biax on the under side & one layer on top covered with 1 1/2 oz mat. If 1808 is what you already have on hand fine, but if you're just building your shopping list now, I'd drop the biax weight to 1208. That would save you on material cost and a lot of weight. 3/4" Penske is plenty strong without all that extra glass & resin.

Br,

Patrick
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Thanks Pat. Your great!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Greg

How is it going?

Hope you had a good holiday.

I swung by the boat about two weeks ago but you were buttoned up tight. I was just down there today. Horrible day, damp and foggy with a an on and off mist.

I had to fix my rube goldberg frame we made for the shrink wrap, so John can finish up his work. I figure I will go down after the holidays and run my wiring to the bridge and try and figure out were I want to stick the breaker box.

Looks like we are coming into the home stretch and with any luck should be floating by May. Famous last words. Tony
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

HI Tony. I had a pretty good holiday. Hope you had the same.

I haven't been down in a while and thought about going yest. but changed my mind. I guess good thing I did.

I have been making up parts here at home like the floor and stuff to get ready to move a head this spring. I am way behind schedule and really need to get moving. I would like to be in the water an running just no cabin int. by next June (2010). It is still possible but time is a wasting.

I will be heading down to Costa rica here soon for a little while, after that I hope spring is around the corner.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Greg

I guess I will catch you in the spring. Enjoy Costa Rica. I am still shooting for May. Should make it if comes early and the weather holds.