fuel line

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

John,

As long as the hoses are rated for fuel use and the clamps & hoses are in good shape, you're fine...

Br,

Patrick
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

John

I am using the hose shown on the site linked below

It says for "All pleasure boat use"......Alcohol enhanced gas and diesel...makes me wonder if the CG would not approve it for charter use?????........just trying to read between the lines

Its about half the price of the Blue Hose.....

I already have the hose in my posession. Its black and very flexible but much heavier than the hose you would purchase at the local autoparts store.

http://www.marineengine.com/products/ac ... in=3355025

Harry
hb
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I am using a pair of Racor 1000 given to me by one of our B31 friends here. They are pretty tall and require 10" of clearance above the canister to change the filter.

I am reasonably sure that the filters will not screw up on me sitting at the dock so I looked really hard to find a place to mount them so that they could easily be changed at sea.

I choose to put them on the Cabin Bulkhead on the inboard side of each engine. Its really tight to mount them there.

The engine box has a 2-1/2" tall rib that lands exactly where I wanted to mount the filters. I glassed in a new engine box stiffener rib 3" aft of the original one just to give me the space for the filters.

I will be able to stand in the companion way between the engines and service both filters without even bending over. They clear the engine box and the engine by an inch or so. My engines are the Cummins.

Harry
hb