Coonass blizzard

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Coonass blizzard

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Well, its snowing cats & dogs in Baton Rouge this morning and supposed to last til noon or so. Real pretty. No road problems yet, but coonasses and snow don't mix too good, so probably a good day to be in the collision repair business.

33 degrees and blowing snow.

UV
Buju

Post by Buju »

Snow on the bayou...can't happen too often I'm thinkin.
That front is about to push it's way through FL, leading egde looks like some pretty good storms. And today I'm tryin to put a finish coat on 14 maple bar stools I'm almost done refinishing... If I was smart I'd wait it out, but I never claimed to have excessive intellegence.
I can't even begin to imagine what'd happen if we actually got accumulation in S.FL... Driving thru Miami is a daredevil stunt in good weather- it'd be damn near apoctalyptic with snow on the roads.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
randall

Post by randall »

you need to come north....it was almost 60 here yesterday
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

http://www.dotd.louisiana.gov/press/tra ... amera=Cam2

break out the sleds :) whooda thunk it??

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 2447
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
0749 AM CST THU DEC 11 2008

AREAS AFFECTED...PARTS OF SERN LA AND MUCH OF CENTRAL/SRN MS

CONCERNING...HEAVY SNOW

VALID 111349Z - 111615Z

HEAVY SNOWFALL RATES /1-2 INCH PER HOUR/ WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP
AND SPREAD EWD ACROSS PARTS OF SERN LA AND MUCH OF SRN/CENTRAL MS
THROUGH 18Z.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I saw that on the news and thought about you guys down there! Baton Rouge was right in the middle of the snow "bullseye"! I figured there were no snow plows or salt trucks down there!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory of Vicroy

We got about 4" and its about quit now. Big surprise tho....all the kids got to school then the bonehead school people close the schools so all the busses and parents are out in the snow again playing bumper cars...hwy. dept. has a couple of sand trucks they were using to try to keep the two bridges over the Miss. River open, to no avail. Its warmed up to about 37 so getting some melt....about 12,000 people w/o power due to falling limbs, etc. Nice day to sit by the fire, which is what I'm doing.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

Looking out my 33rd floor office windows at white French Quarter roof tops...had to do a double take as I almost broke out in a chorus of white christmas....now thats scary.

Garry
In Memory of Vicroy

Scary indeed......most snow we have had in Baton Rouge since 1988. An intense low pressure area moved from the Houston area east and went south of us vs. the predicted north track so the weather guessers missed it by about 150 miles. I had to dig in the snow for my newspaper this morning at 6 and the weather guessers were still saying no accumulation expected.....go outside, boneheads, go outside.

Melting pretty fast now and the bridges and interstates are open again. Supposed to be shorts & t shirt weather by the weekend.

UV
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Got some pics of the boys from the New Orleans Air Branch and there was about 4" on the ground. Shrubs were completely covered and the photos could have passed for Colorado. At about 0600 I saw the radar and most of LA was under the blue. I thought that was rather incredible. I am going to have Al Gore go to Worst Marine and get me a bottle of Bow Spray and some Prop Wash. After that He can go to the machinery room and bring the sea chest up on deck for inspection.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hurricanes in summer
Snow in winter
Locusts are next
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Kurt Weber

Post by Kurt Weber »

Thibidaoux and Broussard are pitchin' some dry pecan into the stove and havin' a chew and a cup of chickory.
they'll be out on the bayou later....