yamaha v-8

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

yamaha v-8

Post by bob lico »

not my intention a customer ask for a change from verado to yamaha 350 hp on a boat.told me his cousin is well informed and yamaha is built from scratch as v-8 marine outboard.i bet a hot lunch for the entire mechanic staff at oakdale yacth. well well a 36 grady white comes in center motor 350hp yamaha blew up in 10 hours------vengence.
here you go ass hole buy the crew lunch.cam shaft clearly marked FOMOCO> this is a ford turus engine turn right side up oil pan at bottom!!!i said "here is the camshaft" the men want to eat!! amasing how i get off on these little things only change is yamaha injection and electronics.6 cylinder chevy 1955 vintage 292 cubic inch -------------yammar hmmm
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

They are putting a V8 in a Taurus? I guess I am behind with cars. Good to know though.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

right off the assembly line right side up oil pan on bottom ford motor company with yamaha assy. we had bbq chicken and ribs with disassembled yamaha on shop floor ended up nice day,would you like photographs??
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Ford went to Yamaha to originaly build a HO V6 for the Taurus.

Then they built a v8 for Ford that was used in the Volvo cars.

Current production is I believ a 4.4L HO.

So Yamaha did originaly build the engine for Ford, but not specificaly as an outboard engine. You win.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

no bruce you won you spelled taurus corectlly but you knew what i meant.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bob,
Your spelling is closer to TURD which is what the Taurus is.
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

I would have thought the powerhead would have to go back to yamaha in one piece, is the motor not under warranty?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

boat is a almost new 36 grady white with triple 350hp yamaha.our head outboard technician jim skully whom is well known by yamaha and given pemission by the factory along with the northeast rep.are doing the job.we have at least 30 of these outboards in the 3 marina`s of oakdale yacth so jim has complete computor software equipment from factory.the guy i spoke about throws quarters around like manhole covers and is very weathy never a thank you either.he was bad mouthing verado and i say did you known the block on the 350 yamaha is ford.he went ballistic and ended up buying lunch for the entire staff on a bet.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473