bahia mar hatch ?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

bahia mar hatch ?

Post by JohnCranston »

Gentlemen,
I had the front cabin overhead hatch cut out glassed over and was wondering if that area is a flat surface or slightly rounded? I just can't remember...getting old or something. I know that it was glassed to match the surrounding area.

Much thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

The front deck has a very slight crown to it, where the hatch is, moving forward the deck seems to flatten out. Are you adding a bomar forward of the stock location? Hope it helps. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

I was gonna mount a 18" x 18" flush mount hatch, not a Bomar...I forget the brand, but if there's a crown, then I'll just blow it off. You saved me a trip down to Freeport. Thanks for the help.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Is there room in front of the crowned area on the flat surface for a 18 x 18 cut out? It's hard to picture this without standing on the boat. I want to make sure that it doesn't interfere with the anchor locker. Thanks Bob and everyone else.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

John, I went out back and put a staight edge on the deck right in front of the stock location you can fit an 18 x 18. The crown is less than 1/4" at each side of the straight edge. My boat is a 1966 just to keep apples to apples..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Bob,
It was an ebay auction for a Taylor Made ultra 2 model 50007 hatch. I didn't win...shucks. I was surfing around in the middle of the night and couldn't get anyone to reply. I called Taylor the next morning and was told that they didn't advise that anyone should walk on this hatch. The hatch retails for $ 600 to $800...sold for $145..missed it by 5 bucks...dang. Any advise on a hatch system moving forward in my project?
Thanks. The Taylor Made stuff sounded pretty slick, according to their web site.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Bob,
Thank you very much for taking the time to measure the space for me...That's alot of help. Might go with the Taylor Made Unless someone tells me diferent.