How Much $$$ for new Interior?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

le3

How Much $$$ for new Interior?

Post by le3 »

I am looking to purchase a 31 Bertram that has updated motors and exterior but has a original interior. How much would it cost to pay a marina to completely refit an interior to maybe look like "Buddy Boy's" custom interior? Also any suggestions of shops in South Jersey who could complete a project like this?

http://www.bertram31.com/listings/bailey.htm
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

To have the work done right buy the right guys to look like the Buddy Boy the #s of $ could be crazy to the point you might want to buy an existing boat thats done that way. Call Capt Patrick He Knows the deal and will tell you the truth.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

le,

Done professionally, at a yard or marina, in the NJ area, (possibly Holtz or Carver's), you could easily go over $40k to reproduce the interior of "Buddy Boy"...

Br,

Patrick
le3

Post by le3 »

What can be done for about 15 to 20 k
Davidr0007

Post by Davidr0007 »

I had a nice interior done at Hunter Scott for 15K included a nice cherry wood trim with white formica ,new headliner ,new cherrywood strips in the V berth area with shelves a new electronic panel, ne refer unit new plumbing fixtures,with hot and cold pressure water , You need to add cushions and curtians etc,, 5K your looking at 20K..
DavidR
le3

Post by le3 »

The boat has already been completely rewired, just the interior is completely original.
Bulletproof

New Interior

Post by Bulletproof »

I know that by the time my interior is completed it would have cost at least $40K but since I'm doing it myself (being a cabinet maker) I'll only have about $3K in materials and the rest will be sweat and a ton of poly. I'ts coming together though.

I painted the fomica with the interlux brightside poly and it came out great! The rest is mahogany and teak. This cabin will be sox or bare feet that's for sure. Not a grinding fishing boat that's for sure...... If I knew how to attach a photo I'd do it. Maybe next week I'll update my Yahoo photo album and post my recent progress.
Paul Haggett
B31 Bulletproof
Marblehead, MA