Any tuna south of long island?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Any tuna south of long island?

Post by Dug »

It has been a slow summer for fish south of Long Island as far as I know. The weekend of the Montauk rendezvous was a good burst, and it seemed to tail off.

Alchemy is due to come out of the water in two weeks, and I am having a hard time with the fact that we have only been out once due to lack of any consistent fish reports.

Anyone been fishing? I have seen a decent break down along the tails to the dip, but have no idea if it holds any fish. Might like to try to get out before the boat is done for the season for one more try.

Any reports?

Thanks,

Dug
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Dug- The weather has been a severe limitation this past week. No reports that I know of. Walter
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Just heard west atlantis had some nice yft to 80#. It was a good report from someone I trust.
randall

Post by randall »

if he was out there on sunday hes got some grit
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Doug for the few good weather windows there have been it seems no one has done good. This weekend looks good I can't go but know some who will be going so I let you know. I too am hoping to get another shot in.
This summer has not been a offshore year to remember. Sure do hope I have a good fall Bass run since last night was a "0".
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Dug

Post by Dug »

Looks like we will be giving it a go this weekend. Heading to the east of the tails between there and West Atlantis. Good break there! Hope for the weather to hold now...
CaptMarkB

Post by CaptMarkB »

Heard of some fish at Atlantis, I don't know if I would waste time at the tails. Supposed to lay down late Friday for Saturday. The Viking out of Montauk had a very poor trip before the last couple of days of wind. A few mahi, and a "few" albie's. No yellow's or sword's (this was an overnight with several anglers, one ablie on the chunk). Time to switch to bass mode.