Sear Girt, what to do?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Greg A.

Sear Girt, what to do?

Post by Greg A. »

I am staying in Spring Lake, going to 3 weeks of Arson Invest Training at NJSP Academy in Sea Girt. What the hell is there to do here? There is NOTHING but senior citizens around here. Any marinas to just go and look around at least to kill time?
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

There are a couple of decent places to eat close to the training center (I'm guessing your around the beach there at the old army camp). If you follow 71 south you'll get into Brielle and Manasquan, there's quite a few marinas on the Manasquan River and some good places to watch a football game on the weekends. Try the Sand Bar at Brielle Yacht Club good munchie food lots of TV's. Just be careful on 71 DUI check points all the time and Brielle police are no joke.
If you want to adventure over the Bridge on 35 South into Pt. Pleasant there are day boats for charter out of Pt. Pleasant Bch and again lots of places to have a cocktail, if you just want to hang out and people watch head to the boardwalk.

Have fun, enjoy our little town.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

I will be in Toms River/ Forked River tomorrow and have a couple hours to kill--same question for that area
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Craig

Plenty of Marinas in Forked River but no Party Boats. For that you need to head to Barnegat Light. Unfortunately I am not in the water or I would offer you a trip. I am in the middle of my repower.

For good Sea Food go to the Shark Fin Inn. I know the owners. Great people. For Italian go to Giordani's, or for something a little less expensive go north from Lacey Rd and on the right hand side up about 2 miles is Conca D' Ore and across the street is another Italian Restraunt but I have never eaten there. Captains in is another place at the foot of Lacey Rd.

Bars, try Capt's Inn, or Caffreys if you want Music. Shark Finn has a nice Bar also. There is a take out Barbecue right there also. Great Ribs. Keep going south and you have a few more bars. Traveling North towards Toms River you have plenty of Bars and Restraunts.

If you are in Toms River try Jimmy C's for Steaks and Capone's for Italian Food. They are adjoining restraunts.

Well that's about it for the tour.
Greg A.

Post by Greg A. »

Staying at The Breakers in Spring Lake, and yes, training is at NJSP Academy on the reserve base. Going home on weekends, NOTHING to do in late afternoon, evening. Here for 3 weeks, Fridays we spend in Newark for hands on fire invest in burnt out buildings, should be fun. They told us we have to post armed members of the class outside the building to guard our vehicles and those inside. That is a new one, whole different world there I guess...we shall see.
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

The Sand bar in Brielle. Union Ave.
Clark's Landing in Point Pleasant. Arnold Ave.
The Marina Grille in Point Pleasant. Rte 70.
Harpoon Willy's in Brielle. Old Bridge Road (by Rte 70)
Simko's in Brielle. Higgins Ave.
The Shipwreck in Brielle.
The outside bar at the Wharfside in Point Pleasant.
Martelle's Tiki Bar on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant.
The Four Winds in Wall.

All within 5 miles of the Sea Girt Camp.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Tony,

Thanks for response, I was actually only looking for marinas or boat yards to bum around between appointments.

Would have liked to see your work in progress----but was already there and back.