Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

9/11/2001 -- Never Forget!

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Amen, Capt. Patrick.......
luis

Post by luis »

On that day, I was on a coffe shop waiting for my coffe and looking on a tv, I first thought it was a movie. Then I realize, it was true and I stay astonished and without words. After 7 years I keep on the same "without words".
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

It was windy that day so I was not out tuna fishing. That morning I was on the roof of the health club I owned in Hoboken with the ac repair man. As I spoke with him I look over in time to see the first plane( no more than a mile away) hit the tower. I watched the hole thing start to finish and it still bothers me every day. It is something I will never forget, ever. My hope is that everyone will never forget what happened that day.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I can't believe it has been 7 years already.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I walked into the kitchen this morning and the first thing I heard on the radio was a bagpipe band playing the song "Amazing Grace".

I choked up and started to cry.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Seven years later and we can't resurrect the buildings as a monument and statement of our strength yet. Meanwhile Dubai has built a city of skyscrapers in less than half that time, China has made Beijing an Olympics/architectural miracle, and we're still arguing over our plans. In the 1930's the Empire State Building was made in a year...without all our miracle technology. Sometimes it seems Democracy doesn't work as well as it used to. Shame on us. Walter
nic

Post by nic »

Our thoughts are with you too. Never Forget.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Carl

Post by Carl »

Figured I'd stop by on way home last night, had camera so took a shot. Not the best of shots...not the best of memories either.

Never Forget.

Carl

[img][img]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee65 ... -11-08.jpg[/img][/img]
Josh Johnson

Post by Josh Johnson »

walterk wrote:Seven years later and we can't resurrect the buildings as a monument and statement of our strength yet. Meanwhile Dubai has built a city of skyscrapers in less than half that time, China has made Beijing an Olympics/architectural miracle, and we're still arguing over our plans. In the 1930's the Empire State Building was made in a year...without all our miracle technology. Sometimes it seems Democracy doesn't work as well as it used to. Shame on us. Walter
Amen, Walt. The improved and technically corrected versions of the original towers not subject to collapse due to fire should have immediately been ressurected in the exact same spot with the exact same dimensions and both towers topped by antenna towers instead of just the one. Those lights shining up to the heavens might have appealed to mourners, but I'm not mourning, I'm mad! This entire aftermath constitutes defeat in itself.
Josh
randall

Post by randall »

Josh Johnson wrote: Amen, Walt. The improved and technically corrected versions of the original towers not subject to collapse due to fire should have immediately been ressurected in the exact same spot with the exact same dimensions and both towers topped by antenna towers instead of just the one. Those lights shining up to the heavens might have appealed to mourners, but I'm not mourning, I'm mad! This entire aftermath constitutes defeat in itself.
exactly
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

You've got too many people with a say in what gets built there. If you want to actually get something built you need a ruthless developer in charge. Love 'em or hate 'em.... but they do get buildings thrown up. Check out the description below, they got WTC 7 rebuilt fast because it wasn't being run by committee. You've got the whole damn city in charge of the main site, and that's why nothing happenes.

In 2002, ground was broken on construction of a new 7 World Trade Center building, located just to the north of the main World Trade Center site. Since it was not part of the site master plan, Larry Silverstein was able to proceed without delay on rebuilding of 7 World Trade Center. On May 23, 2006, 7 World Trade Center officially opened.

With the main World Trade Center site, numerous stakeholders were involved, including Silverstein, as well as the Port Authority which in turn meant that the Governor of New York State, George Pataki also had some authority. As well, the victim's families, people in the surrounding neighborhoods, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and others wanted input. The Lower Manhattan Development Corporation was established to coordinate the reconstruction of the World Trade Center site. The LMDC held a competition to solicit possible designs for the site. Memory Foundations by Daniel Libeskind, was selected as the master plan for the World Trade Center site.[43] The plan included the 1,776 ft (541 m) Freedom Tower, as well as a memorial and number of other office towers. Out of the World Trade Center Site Memorial Competition, a design by Michael Arad and Peter Walker, entitled Reflecting Absense, was selected in January 2004 for the World Trade Center Memorial.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Sean B.

You hit the nail on the head.
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

Nice pic SIM.

I remember taking pics of the lights when they first had them, very nice.

I responded to the attacks, I was off duty (was working my other job). Time heals but we should never forget. Seen many friends die that day and was heart breaking to see 2 of them caught on camera walking into the south tower by freelance videographer.

Was equally terrible to lose 2 more fireman at the deutsche bank last year. That building is an example of the idiocy that the LMDC (and the Mayor) have made of the whole area.

We will continue to do our job no matter what and if the same thing happened again, we are still going in!
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
randall

Post by randall »

scenarioL113 wrote:Nice pic SIM.

I responded to the attacks, I was off duty (was working my other job). Time heals but we should never forget. Seen many friends die that day and was heart breaking to see 2 of them caught on camera walking into the south tower by freelance videographer.

Was equally terrible to lose 2 more fireman at the deutsche bank last year. That building is an example of the idiocy that the LMDC (and the Mayor) have made of the whole area.

We will continue to do our job no matter what and if the same thing happened again, we are still going in!
thanks
Carl

Post by Carl »

scenarioL113 wrote:Nice pic SIM.

I have to be the luckiest of people as I knew lots of people who worked at those Towers, my wife included. Not one person was injured, mentally scared yes, but physically okay. My father-in-law would have been there but he had just recently retired from the NYFD and had to deal with a family health problem. Yes I am lucky.

I am sorry for your loss.
I thank you for your service.

It takes more then I have to run into burning buildings for a living.

Again, I thank you for your service and I for one will Never Forget.

To the men in uniform who choose to fight for our country, who stand up to the low lives that have set out to destroy our way of life I Thank You.

Carl
Dug

Post by Dug »

While I have many friends who still live and work in NYC, the first person I think of when I think of that day is Frank Fimmano.

I will never forget before 9/11 he posted a story of having seen a Bertram 31 from his office. It turned out to be Double Bogey of Fishers Island, a boat I know well.

Then he posted rapidly after the planes hit, and gave a detailed account of what he had experienced. I still have a copy of the post in my bedroom at our beach house. I read it now and again and think about that day.

Frank, you may not know it, but you and your experience are an integral part of my recollection of that time.

So many other stories to go with it, but that one is the one that stands out most significantly for me.

Dug