GUSTAV

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Harry......Thats the way all the coonasses do it around Lafitte with their trawl boats. They all go into the little canals and tie up like a spider to trees and wait it out. Even if the tree falls over the boat is far enough away and still tied to the tree.
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

UV: Glad to hear you and Elaine are OK and have power back. I hope AJ and the Camp survived Round Two. You and Andre take care. Hopefully the worst is over.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Not going to need to buy firewood here in Baton Rouge for a while. Mountain sized piles of various oaks line the streets all through town. Live oaks did very well though. Vic, I spoke with one my buddies that lives on the other end of Cypress Dr. from you and he said many of the slab foundation houses "up the hill" near the park flooded for the first time. About the same level of water in Madisonville as Katrina. Glad to hear you guys made out ok.

Eddy G.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

UV, & rest of the gang in Canjun land, hope Gustav & IKE didn't mess with all to bad, all we had with both storms in P,Cola was some wind about 3-5 surge of water and more with IKE than Gustav.

For some that haven't heard, I had an accident prepping Short Circuit for Gustav, and fell about 12' from the tower ladder to the cockpit floor. Multiple fractures on left humeris ball top outside of the rotater cup, and multiple fractures to my right radial distal forearm which had to be reset after about 10 days from the fall, that #%*^!!! hurt needless to say. But lucky not to be in a wheelchair drulling on myself. Hopefully in about 6-8 wks should be back in the groove. Lucky no ss plates or screws or pins to put Humty-Dumty back together.

DQ, the lucky and still with the living.
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Get well soon Doug.......I'm extremely glad that it turned out good for you.....I'd much rather buy you dinner than have to buy flowers.

Harry
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad to hear from you doug. I was worried about you! sorry you are hurt, but glad it wasn't worse! I hope you heal quickly. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dug

Post by Dug »

Doug,

That has always been one of my greatest fears on my boat. I feel for you having fallen out of a boat once, but with nowhere near the same level of repercussions. I am glad you are up and about of sorts, and hope you heal fast.

Vic, so glad you guys are ok and back in communication. I tried giving your cell a ring, but didn't actually expect to hear an answer, so I wasn't surprised. Glad things are well all things being equal, so we now get ready for whatever the next round brings.

Things are progressing relative to our recovery from Hanna, though it will take months.

But I am very glad to hear things are ok down your way.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry, Rawleigh, Dug,

Thanks for the get well wishes, just slow typing with one finger on percoset 7.5's if you know what I mean. As Capt. Patrick stated on the other Ike thread, that sudden stop is always the bitch. At least I know my Bertram cockpit floor I put in was done right, SOB did't give @ all.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Doug: Glad you didn't dent the boat anyway;-)!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31