Diesels, where to buy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnD

Diesels, where to buy

Post by JohnD »

Ok, I'm getting numbers together and may just be able to figure out a way to do the repower thing.

Pretty sure it will be the cummins remans, though I will also price Yanmar and Volvo.

Considering I'll be doing most of the grunt work and have a yard who will fill in (pull the old and rig the new). Should I go with them for purchasing the motors or should I go directly to Cummins (they're local to me).

Thanks,
JohnD
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

My marina threw a guy out for not getting his new engines through them. You might want to check first before you decide.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Brewster, that's a good point and I'll definetly check with the yard first. They've been good to me so I'll probably just use them. By allowing me to do the prep work it will save $$$ on the job.
John F.

Post by John F. »

John-

So you're going diesel...You seem to like the guy at your yard and trust him. If that's the case, and he's at all competitive on price, I'd buy whatever can from/through him. That usually works for the yard, and should work for you if there are any problems. We'll have to fish this Rocktober and you can tell me all about it. Trolled with Ty Sunday, dragged med.-big baits just trying to see if there were any big fish. We caught 1 17" rock (that bit a 7 or 9" bait)--that's it. We saw Crae out there also--Mako looked great. I don't think he caught anything either.

John F.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

I'll take you up on the trip.

Still no real decisions made yet, but getting closer.

You'll have to try some light tackle on the surface with road-runner's about 3 yrs ago I was catching some trout that way in the fall.

-jd