Moved the boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Terry Frank

Moved the boat

Post by Terry Frank »

Limited Edition is kept at a marina that's 2 miles from Beaufort Inlet. Not a spot that's well protected but real close to the ocean. With the "Hurricane Watch" status it is mandatory to remove the boats. We motored 30 miles North and put the boat in a small marina that is just off the Neusse River. Tommy might know the place. Wayfarers Cove in Arapahoe. The cut into it is about 25' wide and runs through a bunch of cypress trees. A real nice protected place. There may be some surge but shouldn't see any real wind problems. Most likely leave the boat there until we're done with Ike. Tomorrow AM we bring the 20' center console home. Good luck to all of you.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

terry could you fill me in.who made boat removal in or near the ocean mandatory?good practice indeed but a actual law that is new to me.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bob,
Not a law but almost mandatory with any marina contract nowadays due to their insurance regulations.

So many marinas have been damaged by boats in the past that aren't secured properly.

Down here, you remove your boat or they will remove it for you and charge you big time.

Also most insurance on boats down my way will not cover a boat in the water anymore during a hurricane. You have to show you made reasonable effort to make your vessel safe or no coverage.
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Bruce is correct. The marinas that I'm in are like condos. You own the right to the slip and the total membership ows the facility. Bylaws call for the removal. IMHO the docks are built so poorly you don't want to be there during a storm anyway.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Terry,

In this case, I'm glad that you are "up the creek". Island Girl stays up the Trent River which has fair protection. Hunker down.........

Tommy