Kohler 5E07 need help!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

34Hatt

Kohler 5E07 need help!!

Post by 34Hatt »

Friends diesel generator had a hard time starting then ran a minute then died. Started again then died with 10 seconds. No longer will start at all.

Filters have been changed pump is pumping fuel no fuel out the return so solenoid is not opening. Pulled the water, oil, and exhaust wire's off the sensor all check out still will not start.
Three wires going to solenoid all white no marking of + or - I assume it is like my onan 1 + for preheat so fuel pumps the fuel and + for run and a -.

Also see two leds that light during cranking in the control box looks like LED 2&3 there are 5 total. Don't know what this means no service manual. Just have owners manual which does not go far.
Unit is around a 1997 5K

Appreciate any help.

Thanks Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Brianb

Post by Brianb »

There is an engine shutdown switch that is water related on Kohler. I had a similiar problem that we finally traced to this switch.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Brianb wrote:There is an engine shutdown switch that is water related on Kohler. I had a similiar problem that we finally traced to this switch.
I found one that is next to the thermostat is that the one you are relating to also there is one on the exhaust elbow.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page