Another trip to the edge.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Another trip to the edge.

Post by JP Dalik »

While I heard Brewster went meat fishin to the north and got you Montauk fellas dinner we took the old girl back to the edge a bit more to the south. 1 for 2 on white's and a real nice hoo. Have a look, that's a nice Jersey mackeral.

Love to see more pictures of dead things or at least those things "reduced to possesion". Brewster and I cant' be the only ones fishing. These are the best boats ever built. They're not meant to be tethered to the dock. Come on boys start the motors and go fishing! If it was easy everyone would do it.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Looking good JP........

It'll be a while yet.....but I am looking forward to taking my GrandChildren fishing when DeNada finally splashes again.

Whatcha got there???? 60/70 pounder????

Harry
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

nice hoo, what was the weight
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thats the best eating fish there is. Good job!!
Dug

Post by Dug »

Damned nice fish JP!

We went out Monday overnight into Tuesday of last week and caught squat. Ok, my cousin will stand up and claim he caught two baby mako sharks, but they were so small you could pick them up with one hand. No less pissed off, but small.

Otherwise up here the tuna bite has shut down pretty hard for weekend warriors.

Just waiting for the weather to change a bit, and for the port engine to get a new injector tube. Sunday it popped and we didn't figure it out for about an hour. What a friggin' mess...

But we will get out again soon. As soon as I stop hearing that people went out to the dip and tails etc. and caught nothing.

Dug
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

OK JP. We had the boat off the dock last weekend. It was what I consider "Bertram weather". Light and variable with 2 feet at 9 seconds. The locals here like to fish nothing but ballyhoo. Some naked, some with an Islander over the top. Most of our rigs were plastic. Nothing but plastic. The two sailfish, the wahoo, mahi and the albacore ate it with no problem. The king mackeral did hook up on a ballyhoo. Right now there is no "edge" down here. The water temp is basicly the same from the beach to the gulf stream. We did this 20 miles South of Beaufort Inlet. A short ride in nice seas. The forecast for this weekend looks similar. We just may have to take the best boat ever built, a RLDT off the dock again. Hey, speaking of RLDT's, has anyone seen Timmy?????
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

he was alive and well in montauk, cathy was with him so he had a short chain on him.
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

I'm with JP on this one...........let the games begin ....(or continue).......lets post those fishing pics here guys............that's what the B31 was made for......
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Yep, I agree with Brewster, best damn eating fish that swims in my book.

Hey JP, where's my slab of that white filet. Great going there Bro, looking good.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
scot

Post by scot »

Jersey mackeral
....with a turbo charger.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

I agree with Brewster the best eating fish in the sea.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
neil

Post by neil »

jp brought his wahoo over to our house ,we had sushi and blackened tuna that brewster gave us .we also had fried calamari that jr caught in montauk
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

It was nice to catch one like this. She weighed 50 lbs. dressed- had to collar the fish cause our boxes can't fit 72" of Mackeral in them.

Ate Brewsters tuna, Montauk calamari and the wahoo sushi at Neils Friday nite.
Sh*t like a Commorant on Saturday but it was worth it for all that seafood. Froze the hoo before chewin on it raw, man that's good eats even had all the kids tryin it raw. Can't say any of them liked it but it was sure good to see them try. The rest got grilled and devoured.

Mid Atlantic next week maybe offshore Saturday before the big event. Gotta keep fishin.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

JP give me a call on sat if you go on 68. Will be south of dip by the claw. Its going on now!
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Brewster Minton wrote:JP give me a call on sat if you go on 68. Will be south of dip by the claw. Its going on now!
Brewster will you be doing a overnighter?
Ill be heading out Sunday thru Monday.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Dug wrote:Damned nice fish JP!

We went out Monday overnight into Tuesday of last week and caught squat. Ok, my cousin will stand up and claim he caught two baby mako sharks, but they were so small you could pick them up with one hand. No less pissed off, but small.

Otherwise up here the tuna bite has shut down pretty hard for weekend warriors.

Just waiting for the weather to change a bit, and for the port engine to get a new injector tube. Sunday it popped and we didn't figure it out for about an hour. What a friggin' mess...

But we will get out again soon. As soon as I stop hearing that people went out to the dip and tails etc. and caught nothing.

Dug
Well it wasn't a total lost but it was Quite!!!!
Got a 100 ld Mako and a 50 lb Yellow.
Missed a nice Bull Mahia " Note to self make sure crew takes the clear tubing off the end of Gaff it was a night so hard to see it a first"

It was quite on the reports many boats got Squat a few Big eyes, Small Yellow's,
Lots of White Marlin.

Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page