Bertram 31 on old Flipper TV Show

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jziegler

Bertram 31 on old Flipper TV Show

Post by jziegler »

Hi Everyone, When I was young, my favorite TV show was Flipper. Anyway, today, we bought the CD set Season 1 to show my kids (age 6 and 8) which aired in 1964. The very first episode of Season 1 has a 31' Bertram in it. There are multiple scenes both inside and outside. There is also a cool scene where Ranger Rics climbs the tuna tower to get supplies from a Coast Guard Helicopter. It is really cool to see because it lets you see a 31' Bertram in its hey day. Everything in the show is total 1960's and the Bertram is brand new. I think the episode name is something like "300 feet down" from 1964. Check it out.
nic

Post by nic »

Hey J Z,

Until now I was doing all the heavy lifting, in a cultural sense, on this site, so thanks...I loved Flipper and Sea Hunt...see Jersey Films "Out of Sight", they want to establsih J Lo's (George Clooney's love interest), dad's cred.....pan in to his house in Ft Liquordale and what is moored outside...his 31, they even talk about the work he is doing on it, they would have done well to refer to Bertram31.com....though the movie might have bogged down a bit....but not for us.

By the way, the film is based on Elmore Leornard's book....and if you haven't heard of him, everyone, do yourself a big favour and start reading him now, the world's best crime/fiction writer bar none...as well as his westerns going way back...he is a U.S. national treasure and 82 years young...next book due soon.

Nic
Last edited by nic on Jun 9th, '08, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

J Lo's love interest? Are you thinking of Ben Affleck?
I'd like to think Clooney has better taste...

http://www.cinema.com/news/item/3956/ge ... itch.phtml

I loved Flipper as a lad BTW. That show made the lowly tri-hull almost desirable.
nic

Post by nic »

Steve...they were acting like they were in love, it's what they do..I don't know, anyway it is a truly great film because it has a 31 in it, that I do know.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"