Outriggers Installed!! PICS

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

Outriggers Installed!! PICS

Post by amuh60 »

Thanks for the advice and help! I installed the outriggers this weekend and plan to fish them next !

Thanks,

ANDY

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

Image[/img]
Harv

Post by Harv »

The riggers look nice. What you might want to consider, is to make 6 circular aluminum plates with the mounting holes drilled in the proper locations and then remove the nuts on one mount at a time and replace the washers with the circular plates for backings instead of just the washers. This will effectively increase the amount of surface area taking the strain of the riggers.
Harv
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Roger that! I already had thought I went a little light with 1/2" vs. 1-1.5" flat washers! But adding another plate sounds even better!

Thanks,

Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Harv-

Do you think I should also anchor the base of the backing board to the bridge floor? It is 1" plywood!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Andy,

Anchoring the backing plate to the deck won't give you any strength advantage in that setup. Only diagonal bracing would be to an advantage, but I don't think you need to go to that extent... Just put in plates, as Harv suggested, to keep the washers from sucking into the ply & you should be fine.

Br,

Patrick
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

CPT Patrick-

Roger that! When I was tightning down the bolts I was not paying attention and pulled one a 1/4" into the ply! That is when I knew! I should have used bigger washers! Anyhow, they seem pretty durn sturdy and I will put some circular plates on the bolts and get to fishing!

Thanks,

Andy