Walter - 2 boats in Montauk

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

davidms

Walter - 2 boats in Montauk

Post by davidms »

Walter,

There is a Bertram 20 for sale on Yacht World that is being sold by Montauk Marine Group (I assume that is the sales arm of Montauk Marine Basin). I am wondering if you happen to know anything about that boat. It has yellow topsides and supposedly a new V8 Volvo engine in it.

Also, there is a 31 for sale through MMG as well. Just curious if you know that boat, who the owner is, etc.

Thanks,

David S
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

David- The yellow Moppie 20 belongs to Bob Fiorese who is one of the Faithful. The boat, before he owned it was long time owned by an avid Fluke fisherman who loved it. It wasnt yellow at the time and was named Baby B. Bob purchased it, repainted and repowered it with a big Volvo. To the best of my knowledge the engine is about as brand new as it gets, as I have never seen it anywhere else but on a trailer. Bob himself can give you the details. Bob has a B-31 Express Cruiser that he's had some recent (last year) problems with vis-a-vis Ethanol and has since replaced his tank and has had his engines worked on and should be back in the water any day now. His number is 631-668-4064. Don't remember if he changed the B-20's tank.
As far as the b-31 at Montauk Marine is concerned. I saw one there about 2 weeks ago and asked about who owned it and was told it might be one for sale. The one I saw was "Sneaker" I think...or something like that. Was a Flybridge cruiser. Looked clean. Fiberglass decks. On the surface, well maintained. If you'd like, I could look into it further for you.
davidms

Post by davidms »

Walter,

Thanks for the information. I am interested in the 20. I will give Mr. Fiorese a call. Should I mentioned that you gave me his number when I speak with him?

As far as the 31 is concerned, I was just curious.

By the way, you have a new fan of your cookbook. My wife and I purchased the book at Brewsters a month or so ago. A friend of ours caught a striped bass recently and gave us some of the fish. Susan used one of your recipes. Delicious!

Thanks again for the help.

David S
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

David- Please feel free to tell him you got his number from me. Don't know if there was a price on your internet search, but if you haven't contacted Montauk Marine Basin about the boat, you might get a better price by dealing with him directly. Glad you enjoyed the recipe. Having cooked and eaten every one of the recipes in the book, I can honestly say there isn't a bad one in the batch! Walter