Connecting my new head

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

STeveZ

Connecting my new head

Post by STeveZ »

I began to dry fit the new head into my B28 with great optimism. All the old mounts and connections seemed to line up. Not!

The mounts to the sole did indeed match up but were 3/4" too short so I will have to install the OEM mounts, no biggy.

I cleaned and lubricated the white flexible coupling for the pump out line and it slid right in. And split the old coupling. And that is my problem. I really don't want to replace the entire pump out line. The coupling appears as if it screwed on at one time but was probably glued/sealed in some way. The pump out hose is black and flexible with spiral corrugations (steel wire I would assume). It would be nice to carefully cut off the old coupler and screw on a new one. Any intel on whether this makes sense and if such a couple is still available?

Image[/img]
RussP

Post by RussP »

It looks like a slip fit fitting. They have a reverse thread and are glued with PVC cement or 5200. Try a little heat and turm clockwise and you may get lucky.
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Thanks for the tip, but I went with the less subtle utility knife approach. Got it off but the end of the hose is split a little longitudinally. (No, not by my utility knife). Now I'm wondering where to track down that same fitting. Home Depot's a no go. Didn't see them at any of the usual marine stores, may have to try a plumbing supply place.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Steve-
http://www.anver.com/document/vacuum%20 ... seconn.htm

Try that link. Also, you can do a search for "Vacuum Hose fittings", other sites will turn up.

John
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

You are Johnnie-on-the-spot, thanks! I knew what I wanted, just didn't know what it was.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

I am glad that I could help. Let me know how it works out for you.
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Nice! $7 at the local pool supply store. Now if I can just get the 1.5" straight end over the 1.5" head outlet w/out splitting it...