Side Air Vents with pics

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Side Air Vents with pics

Post by Harry Babb »

Greetings

Today I finally got to the point in my REPOWER to take a skill saw to the side of DeNada.

I purchased the side air vents from out Capt Pat several months ago. Quiet frankley I have been a little reluctant in cutting the holes in the side of DeNada.........but today I decided its time to get off the pot and get down to business.

I read the instructions again this morning then looked at the pics on our website then decided its now or never.

I have to tell you its just a walk in the park. Once I got in the engine compartment and started looking over the situation it started to all just fall in place.

If any of you guys are even thinking about installing the side air vents I'd say just roll up your sleeves and jump right in..........its so simple even an old Alabama boy can do it..........

And the best part is that when you talk to Capt Pat on the phone he is very willing to share all of his tips and the insturctions are written in ENGLISH.......clear and easy to understand ENGLISH

Thanks Pat
These vents look sooooooooooo cool

Harry

[/img]Image
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Nice shots Harry, I like seeing how you started the cutouts.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

..........its so simple even an old Alabama boy can do it..........
Indeed... What's a hunk of fiberglass to a master machinist???

Lookin' good, Harry!

Br,

Patrick
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

A bald head and tee shirt! How's the itch?
Harry, did the same thing. Sweated out the first cut and finally waited until no one was at the yard so that if I f#*ked up I could blame it on ???
Measured 86 times and made the plunge. Not bad for a first job. Came out pretty nice. Anxiety was worse than the actual job, but cutting big holes in the side of my baby, Whew!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

That circular saw makes a great dockside conversation piece.
its so simple even an old Alabama boy can do it..........
Hueytown.

Proof the Alabama boys can get it done.
clear and easy to understand ENGLISH
That's not english, its Texican.
Last edited by Bruce on May 13th, '08, 15:13, edited 3 times in total.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Bruce, I think it is either inflatable or made of foam and acts as a fender.
scot

Post by scot »

Nice job Harry, it's a tuff thing to do. Looks real accurate (DUH) that means you pulled the trigger without any clears.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Mikey
My dress that day was just for casual grinding........check out this pic...... dressed for the more serious grinding days

It does look like the major grinding days are coming to a close....thank goodness........today I suited up once again to grind the inside in preparation of installing the Side Air Vent baffels......Gonna rain tonight and thru Friday......hope to install the Side Air Vent parts this weekend.

[img][img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289 ... G_2104.jpg[/img][/img]

Harry
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Harry,

Pick up all your loose stuff around the place, that weather system that's coming your way could be a bad one... Early part of it came through here last night. Tornado warnings, large hail, 2" rain, & heavy winds. UV's under it now & from the satellite image, it's a much bigger system than I got.

Br,

Patrick

Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thanks Pat
Looks like I have quite a chore to go do.....that is ...."picking up my loose stuff"

I sort of expected that it may be raining already this morning but as of now (7:35) its only a little cloudy.

How bout it UV is Elaine gonna give you the day off from pulling weeds???...due to the weather........

Harry
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I'm sitting on a stool in my shop typing this with water running across the floor. We got about 5" from 4 pm until about 9 last night then it came back at 3 am and I've clocked another 4.08" since then and its still pouring. Apparently the big hail was around the camp....guess tomorrow I'll see how tough that Imron really is. This is some baaad ass weather fellas.

But the good news is me & Andre' gonna do lunch anyway.

UV
scot

Post by scot »

UV,

I spent last night in your fair city and damn near drowned. Best Western off College....mucho water, schools closed, etc, etc. Nasty.
Scot
In Memory of Vicroy

Yep, its been wet....should have called me, our house is close to there, just across I-10 and a little east. You could have come had a clear and helped me mop the shop...4.77" since 3 am on top of about 5 yesterday. You still in town?

my cell is 225 937 1319.

UV
scot

Post by scot »

I'm back home, across the border. I get over over about once a month. Thanks for the invite, I'll let you know the next time I'm going to be overnight in BR. I hope the weather is better.

Maybe we could get some ribs...can't recall the name of the place but it has Shack's size 22 teenie shoe in a glass case, not far from his LSU jersey. Good eats.
Scot
In Memory of Vicroy

TJ Ribs is the place...think the owner got banned from NCAA events for being too nice to the Shaq. Next time you are in town give me a call, we have a few little coonass hole in the wall places that are 10 minutes from where you stay that are knockouts....like last nite me & the Bride went out in the storm to meet a friend at Cafe' Americain, a few blocks from our house and the friend got flooded in her apt. parking lot, so just me & the Bride and some other crazies with white boots......one of the specials was shrimp and lump crabmeat au gratin.....now men, this was a huge plate of the best stuff, lotta wine and cheeses, served hot as a firecracker. I ate almost half of it, the Bride got some chicken casa dias that were good too, but she helped me eat the au gratin.....we did our best but had to get a go box....it rained a foot while we were in the place, all our routes home were flooded, so we took a direct route across floods and her MB E320 was planing for a while, but we came down in our driveway by some miracle. More rain coming they say, but we are going to the camp in the morning and got a boston butt pork roast to cook....it never ends in Coonassland, we eat, we talk about eating, how to cook, then we drink a little, then we cook, then we talk about cooking....it's a hell of a place to live....eat, drink, talk about eating, how to cook...

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Oddly enough.....the storm that Texas and Louisiana experienced last night skirted to the north of Mobile mid morning today........as do most of the storms coming in from the west..........leaving the south parts of Mobile and Baldwin county unharmed.

Heeding Patricks warning early this morning I went out and sort of cleaned up around and further secured the tarp on DeNada. A few hours later you could see the storm coming across the field and it hit all at once.

Rained like hell for about 20 or 30 minutes......probably 30/40 MPH winds for a few minutes then as fast as she came in she was gone.

This afternoon we had blue skies.........I even rolled out a small piece of fiberglass

Hope all of you guys are ok and did not get hurt or damaged.......

Thanks for the warning Capt

Harry
scot

Post by scot »

Nothing damaged Harry, I don't need to see an insurance man for several years.

UV:
it never ends in Coonassland, we eat, we talk about eating, how to cook, then we drink a little, then we cook, then we talk about cooking....it's a hell of a place to live....eat, drink, talk about eating, how to cook...
Yes Coonassland is a constant party and you have accurately described it. I have been in this job for about 7 months and gained 20 lbs. Same thing happened a few years back when I spent a bunch of time east of the Sabine.

There's never a line at the Subway sandwich shop (because everyone is eating real food covered with Tony's) and Community beats the crap out of Starbucks any day.
Scot
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Looking good Harry! I bet that was nerve racking!

Glad all of you guys in the deep South are OK. It has been a tough Spring weather wise, but at least the drought is broken! Now if it will just rain normally this summer. . . !
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31