jazz fest n o

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie J

jazz fest n o

Post by Charlie J »

my oldest daughter and her boy friend just drove down to n o for the jazz fest, 20 hrs straight thru from long island. talked to her yeasterday afternoon and asked her how the place looked from katrina, dad its beutiful down here i love it. uv you might have another yankee in your neck of the woods
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Charlie
I have a friend that travels from Salt Lake City every year for the Jazz Festival.........He dearly loves Jazz but he tells me that he is, like your daughter, in love with the New Orleans charm and food.

I have to agree with him on the food......but to a lesser degree on the charm of the city itself.

What's funny is that on the even numbered years I travel to Chicago to a trade show...........this year is my SHOW YEAR...........I really like Chicago (but don't want to live there)

Like they always say..........the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence............

Harry
hb
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Harry- is IMTS this year? I haven't been in 16 years.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

IMTS is this year but its going to be a short show this year. In the years past it started on Wednesday of the next week after Labor Day and runs thru Thursday of the following week.

I will get you the dates tonight but as I remember it starts on a Monday and ends on a Friday.............no weekend involved...........

I have missed 2 shows since 1986...........I look forward to the trip every other year.

Harry
hb
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Just got back today to NY from Chicago. Great city, had my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary party. It was an outright blast. No crawdads though....