High Cap Floscans/stupid human tricks

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

High Cap Floscans/stupid human tricks

Post by Bruce »

With the price of fuel climbing, along with everything else, floscan sales have picked back up. 3 high cap systems in the last month.

A design change has taken place that I want to alert everyone to.
The canisters with a flowscan are for dampening pulsations. They are not filters.

The old pre 2000 systems had seperate cans from the sensors that were mounted a min of 3' from the sensors.

The post 2000 systems had them attached directly to the sensors with pipe threads and lock tight.

Well they just changed it. It is still attached to the sensor only now they are using a straight or running thread and lock nut oring seal.

The first two I got had a loose lock nut. I called and reported this but want to pass along to anyone that buys a high cap system to check on this nut to make sure it is tight.
The other comment I made was that it has no locking sealer on it and could potentialy come loose from vibration.

Cummins engine installs:
Cummins B and C series engines have real bad fuel pulsation problems from the primary fuel pump.
Despite what the FloScan instructions say, mount the sensors as far away as possible from the engines to eleiminate the pulsation problems with the sensors.

Using non wire wound fuel hose helps also.

A clue to pulsation problems is the inability to set the initial return flow calibration to the desired number or rapidly flucuating fuel flow readings.

On the stupid human tricks side of things, don't rest your arm on a just used heat shrink gun. I have got a perfect circle burned deep into my arm.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Smells just like barbequed pork, right?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

OUCH...........I know that that hurts...........

Harry
hb