engine mount question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

1962 31

engine mount question

Post by 1962 31 »

would you have to change the wood that the engines mount to for different engine choices? like if i went to diesels would the mount to the original wood? I'm asking because i removed mine today and they are in surprisingly good shape and was going to sand them down and epoxy coat them tomorrow but wont if they may have to be changed thanks
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Original are fine... Cut down & cap w/ 1/2" Aluminum channel & THRU BOLTS
Wayne
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I have a 1975 31 and the engine bed set up looks differant from what you have. You look like you only have the wood beds. Mine have a glassed in stringer and then wood that is attached to those stringers. Glued and bolted. Since my wood is solid we are going to cut it down and then cap it in aluminum.

The Cummins dealer I am using is going to make up the caps for the beds. My boat is open and all stripped out with new bulkheading, strut pads and rudder shelf if you want to take a ride and look at it. Its in Forked River at Ricks Marina. You are in Point Pleasant not too long of a ride for you.

If you do go there, just tell the guys in the yard I said it was ok if they ask what you are doing. The yard foreman name is knon as Moody and the other two guys in the yard are Pete and then their is Nick who is the owners son. The yard owner name is Sue.

I will not be there until Saturday, possibly late if the machine shop that is boring out my struts is finished. I have to go and pick them up and that will waste a good part of the day. If they are not ready then I will be there much earlier.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Where are you at in Point? We have ours at Carvers and if you have any questions I'd be happy to show you what we have done. There are an awful lot of redone and partially redone B31's in that yard right now. We are there most every evening.
You can't miss it its the only one with in the second row behind the big boats.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Tom

You really should take a look at JP's boat. It is a work of art. One of the best looking 31's around.