A Pair of Eyes on Engine Installation

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jspiezio

A Pair of Eyes on Engine Installation

Post by jspiezio »

Just throwing this out there. Carl at Elite is dropping the engines in my dad's Bahia Mar this week. He will be in St. Louis on business and I am stuck here in NY because of work. If anyone is looking for an excuse to take a ride to Elite Marine this week and just look at an engine installation then please, e-mail dad at Jack@hicksvillemachine.com or me at John@hicksvillemachine.com

It would be truly appreciated. I know Carl will do the right thing, he always has so far. But it's nice to have an independent confirmation that all has gone according to plan.

Hope all are enjoying the weekend.

John
ScottD

Engine install

Post by ScottD »

John, don't worry about Carl, there aren't many people (if any) that have done more engine installs in 31 Bertrams the him. But for what it's worth, I work just across Salt Creek from Elite Marine and go by there almost every week. I have been watching you boat come from the ground up, that's going to be a great layout and a "one of a kind" Bahia Mar. If there is anything special your concerned about let me know and I'll look at it, but like I said, Carl does top shelf work and has a load of experience.

ScottD
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Thanks Scott. I really like Carl. Just an upfront guy who loves to work on boats. I have complete faith in him.I'll pass on the info to my dad. But he is much more of a "micromanager" than I am.

I'm excited about that layout. We spent a lot of time with Carl trying to get the boat just right. Hope to get you out on her when she splashes this summer.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Scott- I passed along your comments and offer to stop by Elite when in the area. Do you have an email that he could reach you at if he wanted to get in touch?
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

ScottD- I have finally worked out a time that i can make a trip to Elite with my dad. we are going to be in town in June , probably the 16,17,18,19. I would love to meet you while we are there, if you will be around then please, let me know.

Enjoy the weekend.