Front Windows

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mitch

Front Windows

Post by Mitch »

Do we have a source for a kit to fiberglass in the front windows. Also Capt. Patrick, does the side window kit include both sides for that price, or is the per each side. Thanks for the info.
Mitch
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Mitch,

The fiberglass composite replacement windshield I've installed on 3 B31s is from:
Bill Holmes - Holmesy Co
960 S Old Dixie Hwy
Jupiter, 33458, 561 746-3476
Home Phone 561 746-2938

The side window moldings are $550.00 + s&h for both sides...

Br,

Patrick
RussP

Post by RussP »

Mitch, I know your pretty crafty in most trades and this could be fabticated right off your old window frames.

I made the insert in 4 pieces to aid in the the solo install. The inside was prefinishd with gel coat to elimanite sanding. If you have any questions give me a call.
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

Capt. Pat:

You have to learn how to negotiate like the lawyers up here. When he said how much for the windows, you say: “$550.” If he doesn’t say anything, you say, “Each.” If he still says nothing, you say, “Plus I have to box ‘em up, which is extra."
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

John,

You're probably right... Probably the reason I'll never have other than a small bucket to piss in & a single window to throw it out of, but I sleep well at night.

Br,

Patrick
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Speaking of lawyers, I checked ino the hosp. yesterday morning (my first ever) to have a skin cancer cut off my neck. The nurse put the wrist band on me, then looked at the chart and said I needed a second one since I had vision problems....the second one was an OSHA looking yellow one with "SAFETY PRECAUTIONS !" in bold letters....one of the docs comes in and asked why I have the yellow one too...the Bride quips "they put them on all the lawyers"....

Surgery went fine, they got it all and I was home by 9:30 am.

UV
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Thanks for the parts, illustrations, gags, and laughs. Always get more than you bargain for around here. Gotta love it. Thanks All. Havin a hard time sellin the boat with 4 broken windows. If it doesn't sell in the next couple months I'll do the windows and try again in the fall. Again Thanks.
Mitch
randall

Post by randall »

UV.....glad you're on the mend...always wondered how you fair skinned fellas can spend so much time outdoors.
scot

Post by scot »

Russ said:
aid in the the solo install
I feel your pain and basically everything on my projects are designed around mono-e-mono installation. I have called a buddy from time to time, but you have to use those favors when you really need them.

Front wrap came out real nice Russ.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

John

Don't forget the extra charges for the time spent talking to ya and the expenses incurred at the copying machine....................Ha Ha

Harry
hb