Stick on Vinyl

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Stick on Vinyl

Post by Harv »

Mack,

I decided not to hijack the other thread so I am starting a new one for you. I have used a place in Florida for both of my boats.
https://www.myboatsign.com/ I did my little boat about 8 years ago. Went on with one small problem, I tore one of the letters, they sent me just that letter for free to fix my mistake. After 8 years, it is still holding up except for some areas that have been rubbed, scraped, or dried due to negligence.
5 years ago, I decided to use them again for the Bertram. I went with imitation gold leaf and it still looks perfect. They also gaurantee against fading, so anything mentioned about metallic fading, I have no idea what they are talking about. The name on the Bertram looks as good as it did the day I put it on. If you decide to call them ask for Mike and mention my name.
One more thing to consider.....if you decide to change the name of your boat, make sure to follow proper denaming and renaming procedures.
Harv
nic

Re: Stick on Vinyl

Post by nic »

Harv wrote:.....if you decide to change the name of your boat, make sure to follow proper denaming and renaming procedures.
Which are?

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

nic
your going to sorry you asked, go ahead harv lay it on him
Harv

Post by Harv »

Harv
nic

Post by nic »

cwj wrote: your going to sorry you asked
Thanks for the heads up.....wasn't too bad, thanks Harv.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Mack

Post by Mack »

Thanks Harv. I think I am going to do a quick touch up of the existing name for the time being. I am very close to splashing (like next week) and I would like to get a jump on the spring Chesapeake striper run. Definitely going to put more thought into the name change and go with the stick on. Perhaps a project for next winter. Looks like your guy did a great job with the design.

Boat re-naming ceremony is a must, however I think part of it involves running her aground (which is fine in a sailboat, potentially expensite with a Bertram). Maybe I could just nudge the bow into the mud over by John F.'s cove.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What do I do at the unnaming part when I don't know the previous name and have no way of researching same?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Call it "Boat Doe".............?