Congratulations John Brownlee!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Congratulations John Brownlee!

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I just got my latest copy of Salt Water Sportsman to find that our own John Brownlee has been named Editor-in Chief. Congratulations John! I'm sure all of The Faithful wish you much success! Hope the new job doesn't keep you away from your Bertram too much in the coming years. All the best. Walter
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

Thanks Walter!

I appreciate the kind words. We've got a new crew aboard and are doing some redesign work, and I hope what we come up with lives up to the standards of the originals, Hal Lyman and Frank Woolner.

JB
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Congrats, John! Seems like just yesterday that you were freelancing & working with me on the first Palm Beach Chapter FCA Banquet. As always, your hard work has paid off. Jeeze, what's that 22 years ago?

As always, my best to Poppy.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

Patrick;

Those 22 years flew off somewhere, I'm not sure where! And Walter, it was probably 15 years ago that you and I fished together with Bobby Bodden on Grand Cayman.

I guess all you can hope for is that the next 20 are as good as the last.

JB
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Congrats John.
Who was that editor who recently, in picking great boating songs, picked no Jimmy Buffet and then wrote boasting he left Buffet out 'cause he didn't like him when people wrote in complaining?
I decided right then to let my subscriptions to both SWS and Sportfishing expire 'cause I couldn't remember who wrote it.
Maybe you could help?
Thanks in advance and I just read the new SWS that had an article about Louisiana. Please no more about Venice, we have enough people there now.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
kipp

Post by kipp »

John,
Congratulations! I need to get you and my son ,Richard, together. He's written for Malin and The Big Game Fishing Journal. Maybe do an article on 31's in the Gulf,and the cult that inhabits this incredible site.
Andre, notice I said the Gulf,not Venice,and to answer your question "Targeted Species" crew is going to Cabo May 8-16 for the IGFA/Rolex tournament. We will prefish two days with Renegade Mike per your suggestion. Any other faithful going?
Kipp
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

Thanks Guys!

Andre,

I asked about the Buffett slam and can't find anyone who knows anything about it, but suffice it to say it's safe to renew your subscription to SWS. There will be no more of such blasphemy under my watch.

Kipp,

Have him get in touch, we always need good writers!

john.brownlee@bonniercorp.com

JB
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Whew, I will now, thanks, John.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E