Passing of an old friend

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Passing of an old friend

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I'm sad to report that one of our old Port Eads regulars, "Pee Wee" Reeves has passed on. Many of you knew him as the owner of the 'blue boat', the 58 Choey Lee, Mary Joyce, a very bright blue boat. Pee Wee graciously let us use his pavillion at Port Eads for many UVIs. Pee Wee died aboard his big new Viking, the "Big Blue" in Mexico a few weeks ago of a heart attack in the middle of the night. He and his wife had been to dinner with some of our other friends, Darly and Mary Pennington, who had their "Mary P" down there too, catching sails like crazy. My way to die. Daryl flew Pee Wee's body back to his beloved Mississippi on his plane.

I'll never forget the night at a UVI when Pee Wee and his "all girl crew" showed up at Port Eads and his power to the boat was dead, no a/c. He was running around trying to figure it out, got the breakers on, lights, but no a/c, got a boatload of fancy women nipping at him.

He's on the dock wringing his hands when I introduce him to Bruce....me "Pee Wee, would it be OK with you if I invite the top marine a/c guy in the world to look at your systems?" Him: "you gotta be kidding, we are at Port Eads"...Bruce steps up with a bag of tools and in 15 minutes has the blue boat pumping cool air.

Pee Wee was just blown away, said the Bertam 31 guys are his friends for life, and we were....fair winds Pee Wee, you did good, even tho you stole a tuna fish from me 85 miles offshore, a joke me & him laughed about every time we saw each other.

UV
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

UV,
Pass on my condolences to Pee Wee's family.

The world loses another good one.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mr. Pee Wee's Blue Boat.

And Mr. Pee Wee's Pavilion, where many good times were had.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Sorry for your loss But I too second, that it would be my way to go.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Harv

Post by Harv »

UV,

My condolences to all. He sounded like a class act.
Harv
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

UV,

Sorry to hear of Pee Wee's passing, he was a good man... We should all be lucky enough to die in our sleep after a fun day with friends.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
randall

Post by randall »

a life well lived....all anyone could ask for

that shot in front of the "club" is archival at this point......theres just a scar on the ground where it used to be......same for us ............eventually
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I never got to meet him, but I did enjoy his pavilion! Bon Voyage to a good friend of The Faithful! We should all be so lucky as to go that way, but I am sure it was very hard on his wife not being able to say goodbye. Daryl is another wonderful person. They were lucky to have him around at a time like that!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Anyone who was lucky enough to attend a UVI has enjoyed Pee-Wee's hospitality, and owe him a Thank You and a good guy goodbye! Walter
capy

Post by capy »

Sorry to hear of his passing UV.

That pavillion was some special place.

The one next to miss vicki's was okay, but lacked breezes of Pee Wee's

I think I'll watch Doc's DVD of UVI3 tonight.
Dug

Post by Dug »

he sounds like a heck of a guy. It is one hell of a boat! He must have been a fun individual, and y'all are right, that is the way to go.

Cool boat, that is for sure. And it takes a cool guy to make a cool boat.

Dug
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

Sorry to hear Pee Wee passed away. You right, he dun gud...I think he was 2 Vikings removed from his beloved Blue Choy...the last I heard was a 70 footer.

Garry
Capt. Mike Holmes

Pee Wee

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Pee Wee had some class, alright. I remember when Vic first introduced us, and telling him I'd met a guy who used to fish with him. He thought over the name for awhile, then said, "Oh, yeah, he's a lawyer son-of-a-bitch, ain't he? Oh, sorry Vic."

Fun guy, sure seemed like.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."