Key West charters...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Key West charters...

Post by Dug »

I know this was recently hashed, so I apologize in advance for the repeat. I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember real detail.

Liz and I are heading down in March for a few days of palm trees and people watching. I would like to get a day in of fishing. While I do have a boat down there that I can use (a friend rack stores a 28' Hydra sport with twin 225's, remember, the one that the rack collapsed under last year?), I think it would be smart to spend some time with someone who knows what they are doing. In otherwords I can see using his boat to bomb around a bit, but I am really not going to catch much on my own...not down there anyway...

Brewster, I remember you said your brother was a charter captain, right? Could you repost his number for my benefit? If he is booked, any other recommendations?

John Brownlee, any recommendations? Doc, you going to be around? Maybe stop in and at least wave to you on the way by on the 18th or the 24th!

Thanks all,

Dug
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

You want to call Captain Peco Cattern or his wife Maddie.
(305) 304 -2849
(305) 392 -6692
Dug

Post by Dug »

Thanks Brew, Much appreciated.

Does he have any specialty? Offshore sailfish, dolphin, etc, or inshore flats shark, permit, bonefish, etc.?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Whatever you want.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Thanks again.

Dug
Keysfishn

Key West Charters

Post by Keysfishn »

Dug,
I live in the Middle Keys..I can give you the name of a guy in Key West that I've fished with several times that is very good...He's not shy about letting you know that either!! He's a mate and part time captain on Ms. Budweiser in Key West and has a Center Console of his own. His name is Stan Miles 305 797-3116..His website is endofthelinecharters.com..If he's busy, I'm sure he can hook you up on a good charter..The sailfish may be a hot bite ..they are now..if they are not the patch reef fishing for grouper and yellowtail is always good this time of year..Good Luck..Steve
Steve Washington
Dug

Post by Dug »

Thanks Steve!

Dug