calling Randall or Walter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

calling Randall or Walter

Post by neil »

could one of you guys tell us which of these hotels are within walking distance of the marine basin? The Ocean Resort Inn or Sands Motel or any other suggestions thanks neil
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Neil- The two Motels you have mentioned are in the town of Montauk, and you'd need a cab to get to and from there. I called Montauk Marine Basin at 631-668-5900 and spoke to Mark there. He suggested the Sail Inn 631-668-2800, Blue Haven 631-668-5943, and Colloden House at 631-668-9293, all are walking distanc from the Marina entrance. There is a place right across the street from the marina, The Tipperarie Inn, but he cannot recommend it as it seems to have turned out to be more of a boarding residence for summer student workers at local restaurants. Normal operating procedure for hotels/motels in summer months is usually a 3-day minimum.
I have asked the guys if the first weekend in August is OK and have basically gotten no responses as of yet. If you're back, I'd like it if you could e-mail me some input on last year-number of boats, number of dinner attendees, who you hit for sponsorships/gifts, etc. and how much they gave etc. As of this afternoon I'm on my way to Guatemala for 3 days of fly rod Sailfishing with Bob LeBlanc and Greg Payne who I met at the last UVI at TSL. I'll be back home by Friday. Walter
neil

Post by neil »

walter thanks for the info,i will call you when you return
randall

Post by randall »

have fun!!....and say hi to bob